License Manager V2 Error message
Posted by Jorden Friesen on 31 March 2017 04:13 PM
We have reports of some installations of the new License Manager Version 2 not being compatible with the version of Windows you're running.
The error message should look something like this:
"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) of x64 (64-bit) version of the pregram, and then contact the software publisher."
If you are receiving this error message as well, we suggest using the old version of License Manager that was included with the installation of all of our desktop products for now. To help us diagnose this error message please do the following to create a install text file and send it to us.
1) Copy the usb-license-manager-2.0.0.exe file to your root C: drive
2) Hit the Windows Start button and in the Search field type CMD to bring up the MS-DOS command window.
note: On Windows XP computer click on the Windows Start button and click on "Run" and then type CMD to bring up the MS-DOS command window.
3) You will see a directory looking like this: C:\Users\User Name> Type cd.. hit enter and type cd.. again and hit enter now type dir
4) A list of all programs in the root C: drive will show (You may have to click on any key to continue the complete listing)
5) Locate the usb-license-manager-2.0.0.exe listing
6) Now at the bottom of the listing type in C:\>usb-license-manager-2.0.0.exe /lv* C:\install.txt
7) Click enter and the installation of the USB License Manager will start. Procede as a Repair install.
8) In the C:Drive you will find a INSTALL.TXT file, please send us this Text file to help us diagnose the issue.