MicroSurvey CAD 2019 (220.127.116.11) - November 30, 2018
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey CAD for the first time you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from MicroSurvey CAD 2018 thru 2008, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from MicroSurvey CAD 2005 or previous, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey CAD, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey CAD service pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your AMS has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the AMS by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your AMS has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you may not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to download a copy of the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey CAD.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with MicroSurvey CAD 2010 or previous, you will need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey CAD 2013 or newer. Previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will not show MicroSurvey CAD 2013 or newer as a sync option in the Options screen.
The MicroSurvey Transfer program has not changed since the release of MicroSurvey CAD 2013. This is only necessary for users who are setting up communications between FieldGenius (any version) and MicroSurvey CAD (2013 or newer) for the first time.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: A copy of Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or newer) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft or from the MicroSurvey helpdesk.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed significantly since the release of MicroSurvey CAD 2008. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 is compatible with 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10. It is not compatible with any 32-bit Windows version.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 does not have any hardware requirements above and beyond what is required by your version of Microsoft Windows, aside from a compatible video card for the 3D Rendering engine.
Please refer to this online article for a list of compatible video cards.
Important Announcement re. 32-bit MicroSurvey Applications
MicroSurvey has announced that it will no longer produce new 32-bit versions of MicroSurvey CAD and other products, effective November 1, 2018.
Please refer to this online article for additional details.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Ultimate/Studio requires that the following prerequisite software packages be installed to work with certain point cloud formats:
- Leica Cyclone 9.1.1 or newer is required to import and view Cyclone point clouds
- Leica JetStream 1.0.1 or newer is required to import and view JetStream point clouds
- Leica Client License Manager (CLM) 1.4 or newer is required to license Cyclone or JetStream
Please visit www.leica-geosystems.com to download these Leica Geosystems products. A registered account is required.
Leica Cyclone and Leica JetStream are licensed independently from MicroSurvey CAD, by entering an entitlement certificate ID into the Leica CLM application.
Leica Cyclone does not have to be licensed. MicroSurvey CAD will be fully functional with an unlicensed version of Cyclone Viewer.
Windows Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 Notes
Run as Administrator
You must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with an "Administrator" account on the computer.
After this is done, it can be run by any user on the computer, including those who don't have administrative accounts.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 icon.
- Choose "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the "What's This? Help" feature, you may need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
Please note that the main Help files will work without this update.
For a current version of this document, please visit the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Release Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for New Users, please visit the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Frequently Asked Questions topic in our online helpdesk.
For a list of questions and answers on upgrading from a previous version, please visit the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are not answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS).
To purchase or renew your AMS, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000, phone your local MicroSurvey dealer, or visit our online store at http://store.microsurveysales.com.
Feature Request Forum
Help us make your MicroSurvey product better! To submit a feature request, or to comment and vote on other users' feature requests, please visit our Feature Request Forum at http://feedback.microsurvey.com.
To discuss your MicroSurvey product with other users, please visit our User Forum at www.microsurvey.com/forum.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019
Release Date: November 30, 2018
- Powered by IntelliCAD 9
- MicroSurvey CAD 2019 is powered by the latest IntelliCAD technology, IntelliCAD 9.
- See below for additional details about what's new and fixed in IntelliCAD 9.
- Artisan 3D Rendering
- Use the intuitive drag-and-drop Artisan interface to generate near-photorealistic images from your drawing by applying textured materials, lighting, shadows, reflections, backgrounds and more.
- Point Prep Workspace
- A new workspace called "Point Prep" is available which configures the MicroSurvey CAD user interface to look like MicroSurvey Point Prep which has been discontinued.
- LandXML Export
- Exporting Plan Features now includes Smart Polylines from your database.
- Google Earth KML Export
- Exporting linework now includes Smart Polylines from your database.
- eTransmit now automatically includes the current drawing's .msz database file and .rtf log file.
- Point Cloud Engine
- Updated to Leica EpcA API 3.2.
- Supports Leica Cyclone 9.3. Older versions are also still supported.
- Supports Leica JetStream 1.5. Older versions are also still supported.
- Supports Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360 1.5. Older versions are also still supported.
- New: Auto regeneration of Cyclone point clouds, without running the CWREGEN command (requires Cyclone 9.2.1 or newer)
- New: Using JetStream point clouds no longer requires Cyclone to be installed
- New: Support for Leica Geosystems new *.lgs point cloud file format
- New: Support for the Leica RTC360 laser scanner
- [D9351] ASCII Import - Importing a point with a very long description results in an unhandled exception.
- [D9636] LandXML Import - Drawing surface models as a polyface mesh fails to show the surface TIN until the drawing is regenerated.
- [D9640] LandXML Import - Drawing surface models as a polyface mesh results in an invalid AcDbPolyFaceMesh Entry object SEQEND.
- [D9739] LandXML Export - Writing a LandXML file may inconsistently result in an unhandled exception.
- [D7911] Legacy Drawings - Opening old drawings with an .msd database file may result in an "SO: Opening DB - error" message.
- [D9713] Legacy Drawings - Opening old drawings with an .msd database file may result in an unhandled exception.
- [D9751] Points - Locking or Unlocking a point in the Single Point Editor without making any other change does not apply the new state.
- [D9681] Points - Moving Point Block Labels with a Leader does not display the leader until you re-open the drawing.
- [D9810] Point Clouds - Drawings named with a period in the filename causes the point cloud information filename to be incorrect, missing the .cwproj extension.
New Features in IntelliCAD 9.0
- More critical fixes for running IntelliCAD on the Fall Creators 2017 Microsoft® Windows® update.
- Incremental saving of .dwg files is supported, providing much faster saving of large .dwg files that contain only a few changes.
- Zoom and Pan commands are 3 times faster for clipped external references.
- Working with files
- Open, save, and work with .dwg files of version 2018.
- Open and view drawings with Mechanical entities.
- Attach .rvt/.rfa files as underlays. These file types contain building and construction data, and once the file is attached, you can explode it, snap to it, and use the BIMPANE command to open a Categories pane to control visibility.
- In addition to the existing ability to attach IFC underlays, you can now import .ifc files as architectural entities.
- Use the new AEC commands to draw walls, doors, windows, openings, slabs, and roofs.
- Export to .pdf files using more options, such as making exported text searchable, defining the DPI for exported images and hatches, exporting hyperlinks, linearized .pdf files, and more.
- Attach point clouds using a new file format: .rcp/.rcs files.
- User interface
- Tool palettes display on the right side of the drawing window and are another convenient way to start commands.
- In the Properties pane, use the new selection control to view and sort selected entities in a tree list instead of the default drop-down list.
- The Properties pane supports display and editing of many new properties and entity types.
- Creating entities
- Use the new Facet Modeler to draw these 3D entity types: box (FMBOX), cone (FMCONE), cylinder (FMCYLINDER), pyramid (FMPYRAMID), sphere (FMSPHERE), and torus (FMTORUS). These entities are designed for lightweight 3D creation and visualization where the calculation of mass properties is not required.
- Draw construction lines using the new Construction Line command.
- Selecting and modifying entities
- Move, copy, rotate, and scale entities all in a single command using the new Move/Copy/Rotate command.
- Edit 3D entities that are drawn with the new Facet Modeler: 3D convert (FM3DCONVERT), extrude (FMEXTRUDE), intersect (FMINTERSECT), revolve (FMREVOLVE), subtract (FMSUBTRACT), and union (FMUNION).
- There is a new option for arraying entities when using the Copy command.
- Toggle selection cycling using the new Cycle command (Ctrl + W).
- Viewing entities
- Use the new Camera command to create and modify view settings for a drawing.
- The in-place Multiline Text editor now supports columns.
- Use these new express tools to work with text:
- Create and modify text along an arc using the Arc-Aligned Text command.
- Resize text using the Scale Text command.
- Draw a circle, rectangle, or dashed line around text using the Enclose Text with Shape command.
- Set the capitalization of text using the Change Text Case command.
- Set text justification using the Justify Text command.
- Position text within a defined space using the Text Fit command.
- Rotate text using the Rotate Text command.
- Blocks and external references
- Use the new Convert Block to XRef command to convert each occurrence of a selected block to an external reference.
- Use the new List Xref/Block Properties Info command to list property information for an external reference or block.
- Use the new Copy Nested Entities command to draw a duplicate of nested entities within blocks, external references, and underlays.
- Use the new Reset Dimension Text command to remove overrides made to dimension text and return the dimension to its original value.
- Use the new Reassociate Dimension command to reset the association between dimension text and corresponding location points on entities.
- System variables
- Added or updated: CAMERADISPLAY, CAMERAHEIGHT, CETRANSPARENCY, CLINELAYER, DEFAULTLIGHTING, EXPESCCLOSE, EXPPALETTES, FILEDLGPLACES, FILEDLGSTYLE, GEOMARKERVISIBILITY, HPBACKGROUNDCOLOR, HPCOLOR, HPTRANSPARENCY, MTEXTFIXED, PARAMETERCOPYMODE, PLINECONVERTMODE, PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE, PRODUCT, PROPSELCTRL, PROPSELOBJLIMIT, ROLLOVERTIPS, RVTOSNAP, SELGLOWINGCOLOR, TOOLPALETTESPATH, TOOLPALETTESSTATE, UCSBASE.
Important Fixes in IntelliCAD 8.4b
The following list details some of the 200+ fixes that were implemented since the 8.4a release.
- Critical fixes for running IntelliCAD on the Fall Creators 2017 Microsoft® Windows® update.
- Improved mouse movement speed in large drawings when a command is active.
- Improved pan, zoom, and entity snap performance when working with clipped external references.
- Fine-tuned several areas to improve memory management.
- Working with files
- Use the new QNEW command to create a new drawing automatically based on the default template. Use the NEW command to create a new drawing using the New Drawing Wizard.
- For versions of IntelliCAD that support opening, saving, and marking up .dgn files natively, several improvements were made: modify properties, PLAN command implemented, PLINEGEN system variable implemented, several commands added to the ribbon, and more.
- Editing and selecting entities
- Fixed issues when using the Stretch command.
- Fixes for using Tangent Snap or Perpendicular Snap when drawing a circle in specific cases.
- Fixed issue with snap points when placing cursor on dimension text.
- For the Array command, fixed issue when incorrect values are entered.
- Perpendicular snap fixed when snapping to an arc in 3D.
- Fixed issues with locked layers.
- Fixed line spacing issues for multiline text.
- Fixed spacing for numbered lists in multiline text.
- Fixed preview of gradient hatches.
- Fixed issues with loading and working with custom hatches.
- Fixed issue with hatch transparency.
- The Inherit properties option now works properly for hatch colors.
- User Interface
- New German (DEU) language resource files.
- Improvements to the Simplified Chinese translation.
- Chamfer Edges and Fillet Edges were added to the Modify > Solids Editing menu.
- Fixed user interface issue when using a custom screen scale.
- System Variables
- New system variables: CURSORMODE and ENHERRORHANDLING.
- ANNOAUTOSCALE default value is now "-4".
- Fixed issues with VSMIN/VSMAX system variables.
- More fixes
- Fixed background color for UserDefined hatch patterns.
- Several fixes for the Join command.
- Several fixes for modifying properties, including lineweights, fade for images, and modifying hatch patterns of multiple hatch entities.
- Fixed issues when working with unloaded file references in the ETRANSMIT command.
- Fixed issue when the "center mark" followed the WCS always instead of the current UCS.
- Several fixes for working with fields.
- Fixed error when creating 3D entities such as cylinders, domes, cones, etc. after changing UCS.
- Several fixes when adding a vertex to a polyline.
- Fixed several OBJECTSCALE issues.
- Fixed calculation of the bounding box in a rotated UCS.
- Delete was added to the Modify toolbar.
- Fixed ZOOM command when called from sds_command.
Important fixes in IntelliCAD 9.0
The following list details some of the 1110+ fixes that were implemented since the 8.4b release.
- Text and multiline text
- Several fixes for multiline text, including scenario when text was invisible while editing, line spacing, line numbering, and previews.
- Fixed issue when using Calibri font.
- Editing and selecting entities
- Improved grip editing for splines, 3D entities, leaders.
- Fixed QSELECT command for True Colors.
- Fixed issue with filleting polylines.
- Several fixes for the JOIN command.
- Fixed issue with XRECORD data when using COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP between drawings.
- Fixed issue when stretching aligned dimensions.
- Fixed issue with snapping to intersection points between polylines.
- Improved the MEASURE command for ellipse entities.
- Fixed print window area for a rotated view and UCS.
- Fixed issue with printing to an XPS file.
- More fixes
- Several fixes for working with files using the ETRANSMIT command.
- Many fixes to dimension associativity.
- You can now undo individual vertex placements when drawing lines and polylines.
- Lock and fade options were added to the LAYISO command.
- Fixed issue with entities on locked layers.
- Fixed selection when using the FIND command.
- Fix for chamfering infinite lines.
- Fixed the PEDIT command when joining a 3D polyline.
- XCrashReport fixes for Microsoft® Windows® 10 operating systems.
- Several fixes for working with hatches.
- Fixed issue with the UCSICON state when using the VIEW command.
- Fixed issue when panning in a rotated view.
- Several fixes for drawing infinite lines.