MicroSurvey CAD 2019 (184.108.40.206) - November 30, 2018
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Hotfix (220.127.116.11) - February 1, 2019
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Service Pack 1 (18.104.22.168) - April 15, 2019
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey CAD for the first time you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from MicroSurvey CAD 2018 thru 2008, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from MicroSurvey CAD 2005 or previous, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey CAD, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey CAD service pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your AMS has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the AMS by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your AMS has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you may not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to download a copy of the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey CAD.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with MicroSurvey CAD 2010 or previous, you will need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey CAD 2013 or newer. Previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will not show MicroSurvey CAD 2013 or newer as a sync option in the Options screen.
The MicroSurvey Transfer program has not changed since the release of MicroSurvey CAD 2013. This is only necessary for users who are setting up communications between FieldGenius (any version) and MicroSurvey CAD (2013 or newer) for the first time.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: A copy of Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or newer) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft or from the MicroSurvey helpdesk.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed significantly since the release of MicroSurvey CAD 2008. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 is compatible with 64-bit versions the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (with latest Windows Updates)
- Windows 8.1 (with Update 2919355)
- Windows 10 version 1507 or higher
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 is not compatible with any 32-bit operating systems.
A free USB port is required for connecting the USB License Key (to either the local workstation or the license server, as appropriate).
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 does not have any other hardware requirements above and beyond what is required by your version of Microsoft Windows, aside from a compatible video card for the 3D Rendering engine. Please refer to this online article for a list of compatible video cards.
Full Administrator Privileges are required to install MicroSurvey CAD 2019, but it can be run by limited user accounts.
Important Announcement re. 32-bit MicroSurvey Applications
MicroSurvey has announced that it will no longer produce new 32-bit versions of MicroSurvey CAD and other products, effective November 1, 2018.
Please refer to this online article for additional details.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Ultimate/Studio requires that the following prerequisite software packages be installed to work with certain point cloud formats:
- Leica Cyclone 9.1.1 or newer is required to import and view Cyclone point clouds
- Leica JetStream 1.0.1 or newer is required to import and view JetStream point clouds
- Leica Client License Manager (CLM) 1.4 or newer is required to license Cyclone or JetStream
Please visit www.leica-geosystems.com to download these Leica Geosystems products. A registered account is required.
Leica Cyclone and Leica JetStream are licensed independently from MicroSurvey CAD, by entering an entitlement certificate ID into the Leica CLM application.
Leica Cyclone does not have to be licensed. MicroSurvey CAD will be fully functional with an unlicensed version of Cyclone Viewer.
Windows Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Notes
Run as Administrator
You must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with an "Administrator" account on the computer.
After this is done, it can be run by any user on the computer, including those who don't have administrative accounts.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 icon.
- Choose "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the "What's This? Help" feature, you may need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
Please note that the main Help files will work without this update.
For a current version of this document, please visit the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Release Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are not answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS).
To purchase or renew your AMS, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000, phone your local MicroSurvey dealer, or visit our online store at http://store.microsurveysales.com.
Feature Request Forum
Help us make your MicroSurvey product better! To submit a feature request, or to comment and vote on other users' feature requests, please visit our Feature Request Forum at http://feedback.microsurvey.com.
To discuss your MicroSurvey product with other users, please visit our User Forum at www.microsurvey.com/forum.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019
Release Date: November 30, 2018
- Powered by IntelliCAD 9
- MicroSurvey CAD 2019 is powered by the latest IntelliCAD technology, IntelliCAD 9.
- See below for additional details about what's new and fixed in IntelliCAD 9.
- Artisan 3D Rendering
- Use the intuitive drag-and-drop Artisan interface to generate near-photorealistic images from your drawing by applying textured materials, lighting, shadows, reflections, backgrounds and more.
- Point Prep Workspace
- A new workspace called "Point Prep" is available which configures the MicroSurvey CAD user interface to look like MicroSurvey Point Prep which has been discontinued.
- LandXML Export
- Exporting Plan Features now includes Smart Polylines from your database.
- Google Earth KML Export
- Exporting linework now includes Smart Polylines from your database.
- eTransmit now automatically includes the current drawing's .msz database file and .rtf log file.
- Point Cloud Engine
- Updated to Leica EpcA API 3.2.
- Supports Leica Cyclone 9.3. Older versions are also still supported.
- Supports Leica JetStream 1.5. Older versions are also still supported.
- Supports Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360 1.5. Older versions are also still supported.
- New: Auto regeneration of Cyclone point clouds, without running the CWREGEN command (requires Cyclone 9.2.1 or newer)
- New: Using JetStream point clouds no longer requires Cyclone to be installed
- New: Support for Leica Geosystems new *.lgs point cloud file format
- New: Support for the Leica RTC360 laser scanner
- [D9351] ASCII Import - Importing a point with a very long description results in an unhandled exception.
- [D9636] LandXML Import - Drawing surface models as a polyface mesh fails to show the surface TIN until the drawing is regenerated.
- [D9640] LandXML Import - Drawing surface models as a polyface mesh results in an invalid AcDbPolyFaceMesh Entry object SEQEND.
- [D9739] LandXML Export - Writing a LandXML file may inconsistently result in an unhandled exception.
- [D7911] Legacy Drawings - Opening old drawings with an .msd database file may result in an "SO: Opening DB - error" message.
- [D9713] Legacy Drawings - Opening old drawings with an .msd database file may result in an unhandled exception.
- [D9751] Points - Locking or Unlocking a point in the Single Point Editor without making any other change does not apply the new state.
- [D9681] Points - Moving Point Block Labels with a Leader does not display the leader until you re-open the drawing.
- [D9810] Point Clouds - Drawings named with a period in the filename causes the point cloud information filename to be incorrect, missing the .cwproj extension.
New Features in IntelliCAD 9.0
- More critical fixes for running IntelliCAD on the Fall Creators 2017 Microsoft® Windows® update.
- Incremental saving of .dwg files is supported, providing much faster saving of large .dwg files that contain only a few changes.
- Zoom and Pan commands are 3 times faster for clipped external references.
- Working with files
- Open, save, and work with .dwg files of version 2018.
- Open and view drawings with Mechanical entities.
- Attach .rvt/.rfa files as underlays. These file types contain building and construction data, and once the file is attached, you can explode it, snap to it, and use the BIMPANE command to open a Categories pane to control visibility.
- In addition to the existing ability to attach IFC underlays, you can now import .ifc files as architectural entities.
- Use the new AEC commands to draw walls, doors, windows, openings, slabs, and roofs.
- Export to .pdf files using more options, such as making exported text searchable, defining the DPI for exported images and hatches, exporting hyperlinks, linearized .pdf files, and more.
- Attach point clouds using a new file format: .rcp/.rcs files.
- User interface
- Tool palettes display on the right side of the drawing window and are another convenient way to start commands.
- In the Properties pane, use the new selection control to view and sort selected entities in a tree list instead of the default drop-down list.
- The Properties pane supports display and editing of many new properties and entity types.
- Creating entities
- Use the new Facet Modeler to draw these 3D entity types: box (FMBOX), cone (FMCONE), cylinder (FMCYLINDER), pyramid (FMPYRAMID), sphere (FMSPHERE), and torus (FMTORUS). These entities are designed for lightweight 3D creation and visualization where the calculation of mass properties is not required.
- Draw construction lines using the new Construction Line command.
- Selecting and modifying entities
- Move, copy, rotate, and scale entities all in a single command using the new Move/Copy/Rotate command.
- Edit 3D entities that are drawn with the new Facet Modeler: 3D convert (FM3DCONVERT), extrude (FMEXTRUDE), intersect (FMINTERSECT), revolve (FMREVOLVE), subtract (FMSUBTRACT), and union (FMUNION).
- There is a new option for arraying entities when using the Copy command.
- Toggle selection cycling using the new Cycle command (Ctrl + W).
- Viewing entities
- Use the new Camera command to create and modify view settings for a drawing.
- The in-place Multiline Text editor now supports columns.
- Use these new express tools to work with text:
- Create and modify text along an arc using the Arc-Aligned Text command.
- Resize text using the Scale Text command.
- Draw a circle, rectangle, or dashed line around text using the Enclose Text with Shape command.
- Set the capitalization of text using the Change Text Case command.
- Set text justification using the Justify Text command.
- Position text within a defined space using the Text Fit command.
- Rotate text using the Rotate Text command.
- Blocks and external references
- Use the new Convert Block to XRef command to convert each occurrence of a selected block to an external reference.
- Use the new List Xref/Block Properties Info command to list property information for an external reference or block.
- Use the new Copy Nested Entities command to draw a duplicate of nested entities within blocks, external references, and underlays.
- Use the new Reset Dimension Text command to remove overrides made to dimension text and return the dimension to its original value.
- Use the new Reassociate Dimension command to reset the association between dimension text and corresponding location points on entities.
- System variables
- Added or updated: CAMERADISPLAY, CAMERAHEIGHT, CETRANSPARENCY, CLINELAYER, DEFAULTLIGHTING, EXPESCCLOSE, EXPPALETTES, FILEDLGPLACES, FILEDLGSTYLE, GEOMARKERVISIBILITY, HPBACKGROUNDCOLOR, HPCOLOR, HPTRANSPARENCY, MTEXTFIXED, PARAMETERCOPYMODE, PLINECONVERTMODE, PLOTTRANSPARENCYOVERRIDE, PRODUCT, PROPSELCTRL, PROPSELOBJLIMIT, ROLLOVERTIPS, RVTOSNAP, SELGLOWINGCOLOR, TOOLPALETTESPATH, TOOLPALETTESSTATE, UCSBASE.
Important Fixes in IntelliCAD 8.4b
The following list details some of the 200+ fixes that were implemented since the 8.4a release.
- Critical fixes for running IntelliCAD on the Fall Creators 2017 Microsoft® Windows® update.
- Improved mouse movement speed in large drawings when a command is active.
- Improved pan, zoom, and entity snap performance when working with clipped external references.
- Fine-tuned several areas to improve memory management.
- Working with files
- Use the new QNEW command to create a new drawing automatically based on the default template. Use the NEW command to create a new drawing using the New Drawing Wizard.
- For versions of IntelliCAD that support opening, saving, and marking up .dgn files natively, several improvements were made: modify properties, PLAN command implemented, PLINEGEN system variable implemented, several commands added to the ribbon, and more.
- Editing and selecting entities
- Fixed issues when using the Stretch command.
- Fixes for using Tangent Snap or Perpendicular Snap when drawing a circle in specific cases.
- Fixed issue with snap points when placing cursor on dimension text.
- For the Array command, fixed issue when incorrect values are entered.
- Perpendicular snap fixed when snapping to an arc in 3D.
- Fixed issues with locked layers.
- Fixed line spacing issues for multiline text.
- Fixed spacing for numbered lists in multiline text.
- Fixed preview of gradient hatches.
- Fixed issues with loading and working with custom hatches.
- Fixed issue with hatch transparency.
- The Inherit properties option now works properly for hatch colors.
- User Interface
- New German (DEU) language resource files.
- Improvements to the Simplified Chinese translation.
- Chamfer Edges and Fillet Edges were added to the Modify > Solids Editing menu.
- Fixed user interface issue when using a custom screen scale.
- System Variables
- New system variables: CURSORMODE and ENHERRORHANDLING.
- ANNOAUTOSCALE default value is now "-4".
- Fixed issues with VSMIN/VSMAX system variables.
- More fixes
- Fixed background color for UserDefined hatch patterns.
- Several fixes for the Join command.
- Several fixes for modifying properties, including lineweights, fade for images, and modifying hatch patterns of multiple hatch entities.
- Fixed issues when working with unloaded file references in the ETRANSMIT command.
- Fixed issue when the "center mark" followed the WCS always instead of the current UCS.
- Several fixes for working with fields.
- Fixed error when creating 3D entities such as cylinders, domes, cones, etc. after changing UCS.
- Several fixes when adding a vertex to a polyline.
- Fixed several OBJECTSCALE issues.
- Fixed calculation of the bounding box in a rotated UCS.
- Delete was added to the Modify toolbar.
- Fixed ZOOM command when called from sds_command.
Important fixes in IntelliCAD 9.0
The following list details some of the 1110+ fixes that were implemented since the 8.4b release.
- Text and multiline text
- Several fixes for multiline text, including scenario when text was invisible while editing, line spacing, line numbering, and previews.
- Fixed issue when using Calibri font.
- Editing and selecting entities
- Improved grip editing for splines, 3D entities, leaders.
- Fixed QSELECT command for True Colors.
- Fixed issue with filleting polylines.
- Several fixes for the JOIN command.
- Fixed issue with XRECORD data when using COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP between drawings.
- Fixed issue when stretching aligned dimensions.
- Fixed issue with snapping to intersection points between polylines.
- Improved the MEASURE command for ellipse entities.
- Fixed print window area for a rotated view and UCS.
- Fixed issue with printing to an XPS file.
- More fixes
- Several fixes for working with files using the ETRANSMIT command.
- Many fixes to dimension associativity.
- You can now undo individual vertex placements when drawing lines and polylines.
- Lock and fade options were added to the LAYISO command.
- Fixed issue with entities on locked layers.
- Fixed selection when using the FIND command.
- Fix for chamfering infinite lines.
- Fixed the PEDIT command when joining a 3D polyline.
- XCrashReport fixes for Microsoft® Windows® 10 operating systems.
- Several fixes for working with hatches.
- Fixed issue with the UCSICON state when using the VIEW command.
- Fixed issue when panning in a rotated view.
- Several fixes for drawing infinite lines.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Hotfix
Release Date: February 1, 2019
This hotfix addresses specific critical issues present in MicroSurvey CAD 2019. It is a free update for all MicroSurvey CAD 2019 users, and is recommended for any users who are affected by any of the following problems.
- [D9838] Stability - A conflict with certain versions of Microsoft .NET CLR may result in a crash, typically but not necessarily during program startup.
- [D9852] Stability - Using the Properties Panel to change the layer of selected objects may fail in some situations, resulting in either the changes not being applied or a crash.
- [D9866] Stability - Opening or creating a drawing while the currently open drawings are tiled, cascaded or otherwise not maximized will fail, resulting in the Drawing Recovery Wizard repeatedly appearing.
- [D9854] Display - The display does not automatically regenerate while using Dynamic Orbit, potentially resulting in distorted graphics especially when working at large coordinates like UTM/SPCS/etc.
MicroSurvey CAD 2019 Service Pack 1
Release Date: April 15, 2019
This service pack includes many important fixes to both the MicroSurvey and IntelliCAD features.
- Powered by IntelliCAD 9.0a
- MicroSurvey CAD 2019 SP1 is powered by the latest IntelliCAD technology, IntelliCAD 9.0a.
- See below for additional details about what's new and fixed in IntelliCAD 9.0a.
- MicroSurvey Analytics Program
- An opt-in analytics system has been added which will help MicroSurvey Software Inc. learn how MicroSurvey CAD is being used.
- GIS Import
- The GIS Import command has been enhanced to include elevation feature selection, which allows users to import GIS files, including shapefiles, as 3-dimensional objects
- Elevation attribute units are set independently from the GIS file units
- A zoom-to-extents option has been added to improve functionality
- [D7147] LANDXML – When exporting a LandXML with smart entities and a surface, there is no checkbox to remove smart entities from export
- [D8868] CURVE TABLE – Reference numbers in curve table are drawn upside down
- [D8953] ASCII EXPORT – Exporting plotted description from AutoMAP generates random or no description
- [D9033] POINT BLOCKS – Changing leader style has no effect
- [D9064] SMART POLY – Copy/Paste or CopyClip/PasteClip of Smart Polyline into new drawing may not remove database information from line
- [D9068] LABELS – Labelling Bearing/Distance on Polyline does not work if “AutoAdd Database” system toggle is off
- [D9508] LABELS – Auto-Arrows on line do not work if “AutoAdd Database” system toggle is off
- [D9511] STABILITY – Using ATTACH_IMAGERY with no coordinate system may cause a crash
- [D9593] IPN – Points recovered by MSAUDIT do not display IPN labels until drawing is saved and reopened
- [D9595] AUTOMAP – Selecting “Process AutoMAP Connections” through the assistant causes errors
- [D9599] AUTOMAP – Point descriptions beginning with “IP” are automatically set to the “IPN_INTERNAL” layer when “Scan Database” is used, rather than a layer named according to the description
- [D9600] AUTOMAP – Processing AutoMAP Library with 2D/3D polylines results in linework created with current linetype rather than linetype specified in AutoMAP
- [D9623] IPN – Cancelling an IPN color change changes the label to White/Black
- [D9634] FEATURE LIST – The feature/attribute data for a point is unavailable
- [D9637] GISIMPORT – Hatches from GIS import cause errors when Audited
- [D9638] GISIMPORT – Set layer from attribute field doesn’t work in some cases
- [D9679] LABELS – Deleting a smart-polyline does not automatically delete its labels
- [D9683] SMART POLY – Undoing an erased smart poly/3Dpoly does not reattach it to the database
- [D9686] SMART POLY – Moving a smart poly/3Dpoly away from its connecting points does not remove it from the database
- [D9688] LABELS – Moving labels off-line from a smart-poly and relabeling does not delete old labels
- [D9699] GISIMPORT – Applying a spatial filter while importing a shapefile does not import data
- [D9711] SMART 3DPOLY – Erasing points connected to smart-3DPolylines does not remove their connectivity to the line
- [D9719] COGO – South Azimuth angles are interpreted as North Azimuth angles
- [D9719] ASCII IMPORT – Importing a Lat/Long/height (LLh) CSV into an imperial project imports elevation values as metric
- [D9745] LABELS – Label Curve does not use the Reference North toggle
- [D9777] POINT BLOCKS – The dragged state of a point block is layer “0”. If layer “0” is frozen, no dragged state is visible.
- [D9787] LOTS AND BLOCKS – “Pick Sides” method crashes if you select a 3D Polyline
- [D9797] LABELS – The Auto Split Bearings command clears all running snaps, and doesn’t restore them when the command ends
- [D9815] LINE TABLE – Turning the “Auto Add Database” toggle off causes an incomplete line table to be inserted
- [D9828] TRAVERSE – Manual traverse entry via dialog applies the wrong angle if “True Azimuth Surveying” is turned on
- [D9862] LABELS – Labelling Alignment Offsets creates incorrect offsets
- [D9922] ASCII IMPORT – Importing a LLh CSV with both VRT systems set to ELLIPSOIDAL imports incorrect elevations in imperial project
- [D9923] ASCII IMPORT – Importing a LLh CSV with COGO VRT system set to geoid imports incorrect elevations in imperial project
- [D9930] ASCII IMPORT – Importing a LLh CSV with “Store in DB” turned off imports incorrect coordinates in imperial project
- [D9937] ASCII IMPORT – Column-specific LLh import into imperial project imports incorrect elevations
- [D9938] ASCII IMPORT – Column-specific LLh import settings reset once coordinate system is selected
- [D9940] ASCII IMPORT – Column-specific NEZ import into imperial project with geoid applied imports incorrect elevation
- [D9941] ASCII IMPORT – Grid CSV import with two ellipsoidal systems to imperial project imports incorrect elevation
- [D9942] ASCII EXPORT – Column-specific LLh export with no geoid in imperial project exports incorrect elevation
- [D9943] ASCII EXPORT – Column-specific LLh export VRT system settings are set by LLh CSV export settings
- [D9944] ASCII EXPORT – Grid CSV export default location is the C: drive
- [D9970] ASCII IMPORT – Geoid occasionally not applied
- [D9834] SOUTH AZIMUTH –Default vertical angle wrong in manual traverse entry
- [D10011] GENERAL – Microsoft .NET incompatibility
- [D10040] MTEXT – line spacing wrong in editor when switching text height
- [D10042] PASTE SPECIAL – no option to paste as entity
- [D10036] MTEXT – creating a numbered list creates a wrong tab stop/spacing
- [D9834] SOUTH AZIMUTH –Default vertical angle wrong in manual traverse entry
- [D9892] INSYM – Some North Arrows being inserted at the wrong scale
- [D9953] LEGAL DESC WRITER – Not writing description to DWG after completion
- [D9873] COLLADA_IN – Insertion scale factor wrong
New Features in IntelliCAD 9.0a
The 9.0a release is a maintenance release that focuses on fixes, but a few new features are also included.
- User interface
- Tool palettes:
- Drag and drop a command to a tool palette.
- Include blocks on a tool palette by dragging and dropping a block from a saved drawing to a tool palette.
- In the Customize dialog box:
- Click the new Save As tool to easily save menu and customization files with a new name.
- Visibility settings are improved in the Visibility Options dialog box.
- Revision support implemented for tool palettes in .cui files.
- Editing and selecting entities
- Snap to Facet Modeler entities.
- More features
- In the Options dialog box on the Display tab, click Cursor Options to define more cursor settings and click Fade Control to define the fade percentage for external references and entities located on locked layers.
- The new XORTOGGLE command determines whether a logical XOR is used for the color of the cursor and entity snap markers.
- The new CURSORTOGGLE command determines whether the cursor displays as a gun sight crosshairs.
- New system variable: PLINEGRIPS.
Important fixes in IntelliCAD 9.0a
The following list details some of the 650+ fixes that were implemented since the 9.0 release.
- Increased selection speed when using the ERASE command.
- Increased undo speed when using the UNDO command.
- Increased performance when zooming and panning in layouts with several viewports.
- Working with files
- Fixed issue when scaling .pdf files attached to a drawing.
- Exporting to .pdf files now supports OLE frames.
- Fixed issue when inserting files with Korean filenames.
- Fixed geometry issue when saving to 2000/2004 .dwg files.
- Fixed issue with loading and regenerating nested external references.
- Fixed issue with text display in .rvt underlays, fixed issue when changing source folder of attached .rvt files.
- Editing and selecting entities
- Several fixes for editing and selecting polylines.
- Fixed issue when there was no preview while editing grips of an entity.
- Fixed selection issue when working with blocks on layers that are turned off.
- Several fixes for the TRIM, FILLET, and DIVIDE commands.
- Several fixes when navigating and editing a drawing with large coordinates.
- Fixed crash in a certain scenario when scrolling while using the ENTPROP command.
- Fixed issues when snapping to point clouds.
- Fixed issues when snapping to PDF underlays.
- Many fixes for several snap modes, including perpendicular, intersection, extension, node, and tangent snaps.
- Several fixes for working with columns of multiline text.
- Fixed issues with multiline text backgrounds.
- Several fixes to the multiline text ruler.
- Fixed issues with lists and line numbering of multiline text.
- Refactored the purging of annotation scales.
- Fixed dimension creation for closed polylines within a block.
- Fixed several issues with dimensioning blocks.
- Fixed Radius and Diameter dimensions in paperspace.
- Fixed several issues for DIMJOGGED.
- Fixed aligned dimensions when converting a polyline segment to an arc.
- Improved the hatch boundary finding algorithm.
- Fixed issue with changing the hatch transparency.
- Fixed several issues with hatch associativity.
- Fixed issue with hatch islands detection.
- Improved printing with transparency.
- Fixed issue with saving changes to print settings.
- Fixed several issues with print preview.
- Fixed issue with "Previous Plot" mode.
- User Interface
- Several fixes for tool palettes.
- Fixes for menu groups in the Customize dialog box.
- No longer need to restart IntelliCAD to see changes in TOOLPALETTESPATH system variable.
- Importing fixed for aliases in an .ica file.
- More fixes
- Fixed issue when installing IntelliCAD on Simplified Chinese versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Fixed crash when using the Field command in certain scenarios.
- Fixed issue when freezing layers in all existing viewports.
- Fixed issue when accessing an erased entity in extended entity data.
- Several fixes for the HELIX command.
- Several fixes for XFADECTL system variable.
- Fixed issue with scaling of multileaders.
- Fixed issue with creating multilines.
- ETRANSMIT command: fixed display of external references when using the ETRANSMIT command, fixed issue when using the "Include unloaded file references" option.
- Fixed display issues when BKGCOLOR is set to 7.