MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2018 SP1 (v18.1.0) - April 18, 2018
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019 (v188.8.131.52) - April 16, 2019
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey embeddedCAD for the first time, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey embeddedCAD service pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your Maintenance Subscription has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the AMS by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your AMS has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you will not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to install the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with a previous version of MicroSurvey CAD/inCAD/embeddedCAD, you may need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019. Some previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will NOT show MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019 as a sync option in the Options screen.
The MicroSurvey Transfer program has not changed since MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013. This is only necessary for users who are setting up communications between FieldGenius (any version) and MicroSurvey embeddedCAD (2013 or newer) for the first time.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or newer) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft or from the MicroSurvey helpdesk.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed significantly since MicroSurvey CAD 2008. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter your unique password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019 is compatible with 64-bit versions of the following:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 SP1 with Update KB4019990
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Update KB2919355
- Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607 or higher)
Further details are available here: AutoCAD 2019 System Requirements.
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 Notes
Run as Administrator
You must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with an "Administrator" account on the computer.
After this is done, it can be run by any user on the computer, including those who don't have administrative accounts.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on one of the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019 icons.
- Select "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the "What's This? Help" feature, you may need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
This update and its associated functionality is only available for Windows 7 and 8.1, it is not available for Windows 10.
Please note that the main Help files will work without this update.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are now answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS).
To purchase or renew your AMS, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or visit our website at https://www.microsurvey.com/products/emcad-incad/emcad-pricing/#maintenance.
Feature Request Forum
Help us make your MicroSurvey product better! To submit a feature request, or to vote on other users' feature requests, please visit our Feedback Forum at feedback.microsurvey.com.
To discuss your MicroSurvey product with other users, please visit our User Forum at www.microsurvey.com/forum.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2019 (v184.108.40.206) Notes
- Latest Autodesk® engine — AutoCAD® OEM 2019
- MicroSurvey embeddedCAD is powered by Autodesk Technology™.
- Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2019 engine provides maximum compatibility with AutoCAD software and DWG™ files.
- Includes Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2019 Update 1.2.
- MicroSurvey Analytics Program
- An opt-in analytics system has been added which will help MicroSurvey Software Inc. learn how MicroSurvey embeddedCAD is being used.
- LandXML Export
- Exporting Plan Features now includes Smart Polylines from your database.
- Google Earth KML Export
- Exporting linework now includes Smart Polylines from your database.
- GIS/Shapefile Import
- The GIS Import command has been enhanced to include elevation feature selection, which allows users to import GIS files, including shapefiles, as 3-dimensional objects.
- The elevation attributes have units set independently from the GIS file units.
- [D9351] ASCII Import - Importing a point with a very long description results in an unhandled exception.
- [D9387] AutoMAP Library - Selecting an AutoMAP Library file on the Job Defaults dialog does not work reliably.
- [D9388] AutoMAP Library - The AutoMAP Library file shown on the Job Defaults dialog does not work reliably.
- [D9512] AutoSave - Setting the MicroSurvey AutoSave Minutes option to 0 causes the program to save too many times.
- [D9512] AutoSave - Setting the MicroSurvey AutoSave Minutes option to less than 0 causes the program to stop responding.
- [D9661] FieldGenius Export - Exporting objects which have a Shadow property causes errors like "Unable to create entity (LINE) in block (DO_NOT_USE_FG_EXPORT)" and "Invalid field type 284 in (entmake)."
- [D9636] LandXML Import - Drawing surface models as a polyface mesh fails to show the surface TIN until the drawing is regenerated.
- [D9640] LandXML Import - Drawing surface models as a polyface mesh results in an invalid AcDbPolyFaceMesh Entry object SEQEND.
- [D9739] LandXML Export - Writing a LandXML file may inconsistently result in an unhandled exception.
- [D7911] Legacy Drawings - Opening old drawings with an .msd database file may result in an "SO: Opening DB - error" message.
- [D9713] Legacy Drawings - Opening old drawings with an .msd database file may result in an unhandled exception.
- [D8408] Linework - When using .XYZ linework coding, a space in the code will result in the line drawing from that point to the origin.
- [D9485] Linework - When AUPREC=3, Azimuth/Bearing values displayed on the CAD Lines dialog are unexpectedly rounded to the nearest 10 seconds.
- [D9485] Linework - When AUPREC=1, Azimuth/Bearing values displayed on the CAD Lines dialog are unexpectedly rounded to the nearest 10 minutes.
- [D9751] Points - Locking or Unlocking a point in the Single Point Editor without making any other change does not apply the new state.
- [D9681] Points - Moving Point Block Labels with a Leader does not display the leader until you re-open the drawing.
- [D9877] Rescale - The Drawing Rescale Wizard does not work correctly, distance labels may still show the original value.
- [D8196] Roading - The INVERSEALIGN (Inverse Points to Alignment) command results in an "Unknown command INVERSEALIGN" error.
- [D9441] Text - The current text style in MSTEXT Tool overrides MicroSurvey labeling defaults.
- [D8976] AutoMAP Library - AutoMAP settings could change unexpectedly following a specific sequence of operations
- [D8935] AutoMAP Library - Descriptions could be inappropriately labeled as a "[group]" code
- [D8847] AutoMAP Library - Changing a point description did not apply the new description's layer, color and other settings
- [D9406] AutoMAP Library - Symbol Insertion did not work for codes with a Z linework prefix
- [D9085] CAD Tools - Changing the layer, color, or other non-geometric properties of smart lines or line labels removes them from the database
- [D9067] CAD Tools - The BREAKLINE command displayed an error due to a missing file brkline.dwg
- [D9654] CAD Tools - The MVIEW command may cause a handled exception error in some cases
- [D9055] COGO - Bearing-Bearing Intersection gives incorrect results when using Azimuths
- [D8977] COGO - When entering a curve by chord bearing, the radius prompt does not accept other units
- [D8897] COGO - IPN (Independent Point Number) labels did not appear after storing a new point until the command ended
- [D8844] COGO - Entering a bearing by selecting a line displays the reverse bearing
- [D9105] Database - Closing all drawing tabs causes the database reactors to stop, so subsequently editing points will not update the database
- [D9050] Database - Opening a drawing with the "Open Drawings Using Recover" option enabled causes the drawing to be opened without its database
- [D8929] Database - The "Update Database from Drawing" command did not work in certain cases when the point did not contain an entry in the Text database
- [D8795] Database - Some operations could cause a scary but harmless error message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"
- [D9377] Export ASCII Lat/Long File - It is not possible to select the Cartesian coordinate system to transform from
- [D9070] Import ASCII Lat/Long File - It is not possible to select the Cartesian coordinate system to transform to
- [D8783] Import Leica DBX - The DBXMANAGE command can crash if a DBX project containing pictures has been imported into the drawing
- [D9274] Import Imagery / Bing Maps - A message was added indicating that Bing Maps is not available in demo mode.
- [D9080] Import Imagery / Global Mapper - Loading WMS Imagery could timeout and fail due to an incorrect timeout period that has been extended
- [D8944] Labeling - Auto House Ties have the Text Style and Layer Name settings reversed
- [D9297] Labeling - Auto House Ties without Arrows have with the Text Style and Layer Name settings reversed
- [D9666] Labeling - Polyline Bearing/Distance labels that have been erased cannot be re-added
- [D9668] Labeling - Polyline Bearing/Distance labels that have been moved off-line can revert to on-line
- [D9023] Labeling - Changing the drawing scale factor did not cause new labels to be drawn with the new size
- [D8896] Labeling - Changing the drawing scale factor did not cause new labels to be drawn with the new size
- [D9058] Lot Closure - Pick Both button does not work if the distance does not include a foot symbol
- [D9036] Lot Closure - Pick All button for a curve gets the incorrect chord bearing
- [D9035] Lot Closure - Pick buttons do not work with azimuth/bearing in decimal degrees
- [D8931] Lot Closure - Pick Both button could fail in certain drawings
- [D9399] Lot Closure - Pick Both button did not work consistently
- [D9082] Lot Closure - Radial Bearings are listed incorrectly
- [D9453] Lot Closure - Pick button to select a Delta angle for a curve does not work correctly
- [D8999] Multities Table - Creating a Multities Table could cause the program to stop responding
- [D8939] Multities Table - The CAD Pick function would incorrectly populate the table with a 3D instead of 2D distance
- [D9066] Performance - A slight delay when clicking on smart objects to open the relevant dialog has been corrected
- [D9066] Performance - A slight delay when ending CAD commands has been corrected
- [D9368] Performance - The Licensing Options dialog now appears before the program searches for valid licenses so it does not appear hung during this process
- [D8742] Point Coordinates - Storing points with the EDITP or CONNECT_POINTS commands in a non-world UCS places them at an unexpected coordinate
- [D9425] Point Coordinates - Adding points with the AUTOP command) to a 2D polyline creates points at z=0 instead of at the polyline's elevation
- [D9028] Subdivision Design - The House Placement command does not work reliably when dynamically placing the house with your mouse
- [D9057] User Interface - The Submit Bug Report command does not work
- [D9060] User Interface - The Submit Feature Request command does not work
- [D9596] User Interface - The Thaw Layer command shows incorrect help text on the status bar
- [D9074] Active Coordinate Editor – closing the editor during a command crashes AutoCAD
- [D9791] Active Coordinate Editor – doesn’t switch drawings on drawing change
- [D9792] Labelling – Line labels draw at 0,0 instead of on line
- [D9841] Smart Polylines – points used by smart polylines don’t update the lines if deleted from the Active Coordinate Editor
- [D9843] Smart Polylines – point renumber doesn’t update smart polylines or IPN’s properly
- [D9846] Smart Polylines – some commands leave smart-polyline data on non-smart polylines
- [D9849] Smart Polylines – smart polylines with shared points don’t update with renumbers properly
- [D9869] Project Manager – New Drawing button sometimes switches to the wrong drawing
- [D9934] Smart Polylines – moving a vertex does not remove the smart polyline from the database
- [D9939] Smart Polylines – Converting point blocks to normal points removes smart polylines from database
- [D9947] Smart Polylines – unclosing a smart polyline doesn’t delete the label for the unclosed segment
- [D9950] Assistant – autosite design crashes from the assistant
- [D9834] South Azimuth – Default vertical angle wrong in manual traverse entry
- [D9953] Legal Description Writer – Not writing description to DWG after completion
- [D10028] GIS Import – Elevations incorrect when adding lines to database