From time to time you may need to reset your registry back to factory defaults. Use the following steps to reset it.
Note: These steps will not erase any data from your device, it is only resetting the registry.
- Go to My Device which opens the file browse window.
- In the My Device window, go to the View Menu | Options and turn off “Do not show hidden files and folders”
- In the My Device dialog, open the Windows directory.
- Scroll down and file the file named “DeleteReg”. Execute it by double tapping the file.
- You will hear a beep and then see a message “Persistent registry set to default” Press OK to the message.
- With the device still powered up, open the battery cover on the back of the unit and remove the battery for 5 seconds. Put the battery back in and power on the device.
- After a reset you may need to recalibrate the screen. To do this go to Control Panel | Stylus | Calibration and calibrate the screen.
- You will also need to set the background color to Windows Default of High Contrast white. Go to Control Panel | Display | Appearance
The FieldGenius shortcut on the desktop will be missing. To recreate it browse to StorageCard\MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs and run the SplashRX1250.exe program.
- After you run the SplashRX1250.exe program, immediately do a power off to save the settings.