MicroSurvey is pleased to announce the release of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013. This latest version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD – built for surveyors, contractors and engineers – is powered by Autodesk TechnologyTM, and includes the latest AutoCAD® OEM 2013 SP1.1 engine.
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – download MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 today!
Click here to view the complete MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 Release Notes.
- Latest Autodesk® engine - AutoCAD® OEM 2013
- MicroSurvey embeddedCAD is powered by Autodesk TechnologyTM.
- Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2013 engine provides maximum compatibility with AutoCAD software and DWGTM files.
- Includes Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2013 Service Pack 1.1.
- Google Maps™ Support
- View your points in Google Maps by clicking new Map buttons located in both the Single Point Editor and the Active Coordinate Editor.
- Select MsPoints | Store and Edit Points or MsPoints | Active Coordinate Editor from the menus, or type EDITP or COORDEDIT at the command line.
- Google Earth™ Support
- Export your points and linework to a .kml or .kmz file and view them in Google Earth.
- Select MsPoints | Other Program Ties | Export to Google Earth from the menus, or type WRITEKML at the command line.
- AutoMAP Substitution Codes
- Access field-coded parameters directly from your point descriptions and automatically include them in your plotted annotations.
- Substitution codes follow the familiar LDD syntax, and include $0 to substitute the code, $1 through $9 to substitute the first through ninth space-delimited parameters following the code, $+ to substitute all parameters following the code, $* to substitute the entire description including the code plus all parameters, and $$ to substitute a literal "$" character.
- For example, specify a plotted description like $1 TREE (ht=$2’, trunk dia=$3”) in AutoMap to dynamically label your TREE points like TREE OAK 9 12 and TREE ELM 6 8 as OAK TREE (ht=9’, trunk dia=12”) and ELM TREE (ht=6’, trunk dia=8”).
- AutoMAP Leading Wildcards
- Use AutoMap entries with a leading wildcard like *CODE, a trailing wildcard like CODE*, or both a leading and trailing wildcard like *CODE* to make partial matches of your point descriptions.
- For example, an AutoMap entry like *IP* will now match points with descriptions like "NW CORNER IP BENT" and you can use the new Substitution Codes described above to produce appropriate plotted descriptions.
- Distance Labeling Options
- Include a customizable prefix and/or suffix in your distance annotation defaults.
- Include a unit symbol (' or m) in your distance annotation defaults. (Previously only ' was supported.)
- Select MsAnnotate | Labeling Defaults | Distances from the menus, or type CNF_EDIT_DISTANCES at the command line.
- Slope Labeling Command
- A new Slope Labeling command is available with options to label the % Slope, Degrees from Vertical, or Degrees from Horizontal along a line.
- Select MsAnnotate | Add Line Labels | Label Slope from the menus, or type LABEL_SLOPE at the command line.
- Draworder Wizard
- A new Draworder Wizard command is available to help you quickly fix the most common draworder issues, such as moving raster images and hatches to the back of your drawing, and moving wipeouts, blocks and annotations to the front.
- Select MsTools | Draworder Wizard from the menus, or type DRAWORDERWIZARD at the command line.
- Import Improvements
- When importing a FieldGenius or TDS raw file containing GK (GPS stakeout) records, they are now imported into the traverse file.
- When recoordinating a traverse file, an Abort option is now available on the point protection dialog.
- When importing an ASCII coordinate file, an Abort option is now available on the point protection dialog.
- List Unused Points in Range
- The List Unused Points command has a new option to specify a point range for your search.
- Select MsPoints | List Points (Used and Unused) | List Unused Points, or type LIST_UNUSED at the command line.
- Import Leica DBX
- Import points, linework, and raw TPS/GPS observation data directly from Leica DBX databases.
- Select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX from the menus, or type DBXIN at the command line.
- Ladder Table Report
- Write a ladder table report showing station and offset values for selected points in a ladder format.
- Select MsTools | Print/Edit/View Reports | Ladder Table from the menus, or type LADDER_TABLE at the command line.
- [D4930] Active Coordinate Editor - The Rotate Selection command could use 0,0,0 as the rotation base point instead of the specified point.
- [D4942] Active Coordinate Editor - The Shift Selection command could cause shifted arcs to not be erased when they are redrawn with the shifted points.
- [D4943] Active Coordinate Editor - The Rotate Selection command could cause rotated arcs to not be erased when they are redrawn with the rotated points.
- [D4990] Active Coordinate Editor - Point Tracking may not be correct when in Surveyors View
- [D4991] Active Coordinate Editor - Zoom Selection may not be correct when in Surveyors View
- [D5028] Auto-Add Points to Objects - Points created from adding lwpolyline entities did not pick up the 3D vertex elevations.
- [D2344] AutoMap Library - Using both the "Rotate to Previous Point" and "Scale to Previous Point" options together causes rotation to be calcualted to the incorrect point.
- [D4260] AutoMap Library - Using the "Rotate to Previous Point" option can cause an error if there is not a previous point id.
- [D5045] AutoMap Library - Using the "Scale to Previous Point" option can cause an error if there is not a previous point id.
- [D5039] AutoMap Library - Inserting a block containing attributes would cause the attribute values to be set to "XXX" instead of the default value.
- [D4071] Coordinate Order - The "List E,N (X,Y) Format" system toggle was not always retained.
- [F1759] Coordinate Order - The "List E,N (X,Y) Format" system toggle will now be honoured for the default column order within the Active Coordinate Editor and the Clusters report.
- [F1701] FieldGenius Export - Linework is now exported to FieldGenius in an R12 DXF format instead of the default DXF format to avoid exporting incompatible entity types.
- [D4011] Leica GSI Export - Exporting a Leica GSI8 will display multiple "Save As" prompts which can result in an error writing out the data file.
- [D4789] LandXML Import - when importing points, the Description and Note were not set correctly. It now uses the "code" field (instead of "desc") to set the Description, and the "desc" field (instead of nothing) to set the Note.
- [F1406] LandXML Import - when importing plan features, IrregularLine elements are now supported and will draw a 3d polyline through the specified coordinates.
- [D2291] Linework - grip-editing a survey line did not disassociate the line from its previous points in the database.
- [D5021] Linework - 3D .XYZ-Linework can become corrupted after a rescale.
- [D5130] LDD/Civil 3D Import - when importing from a .mdb database file, point descriptions may not be imported.
- [D4816] Point Blocks - when creating point blocks (for export to Eagle Point, Softdesk, or Carlson) the first space character is not properly delimiting the description to find a match in the AutoMAP library to use the plotted description.
- [D5190] Point Groups - when saving a point group, the saved name and comment of the group may not be correctly retrieved if it is later reloaded.
- [D2585] Polar Snapping - using polar snaps within the Design Horizontal Alignment (_alignment) command caused some on-screen graphical artifacts.
- [D3967] Polar Snapping - using polar snaps within the Connect Dots Point to Point (_connect_points) command did not work correctly.
- [D2581] Project Manager - deleting a project from the project manager did not delete its associated .msj database folder.
- [D4919] Rapid Transit Import - importing a rapid transit drawing could cause a crash.
- [D4840] Roading - applying a road template with 0:1 slope could cause a crash.
- [D4851] Rotate Blocks to Line - The Rotate Text to Line (_ms_rotoline) command stopped working with blocks in the last MSCAD 2010 service pack, this functionality has been restored.
- [D4987] Run As Administrator - The "Run as administrator" message that can appear under Windows Vista and Windows 7 have been reworded such that it does not only apply to Vista.
- [D5077] Saving - Error ASLK8K8K and a crash can occur when running QSAVE after running SAVEAS.
- [D4852] Select Point - When selecting a point from the drawing which is stored in the coordinate database, if there is another points within either 0.01 or 0.001 units of it (depending on the command) the incorrect point may be retrieved from the database.
- [D1931] Sheet and Title Block - a crash may occur when using the Add Sheet and Title Block (_tb) command if your ATTDIA system variable is set to Off.
- [D4984] Sheet and Title Block - the ATTREQ system variable was not being used correctly.
- [D5030] Stability - Interference between MSCAD and some virus scanners or other resident utilities could cause slowness, error messages, or crashes.
- [D5146] STAR*NET Export - Exporting a STAR*NET .dat file could cause the Current Traverse file setting to be lost, requiring you to re-select it via the Set Current Traverse command.
- [D5002] Surface Modeling - the specified "honour boundary method" option (All Points / Any Point / Center Point) was not applied correctly.
- [D5124] Survey Database - Drawing an Associative Dimension can remove lines from the survey database
- [D4856] Survey Database - Creating a new drawing via the New command (not using the Project Manager) does not create an associated database.
- [D4750] Updater - The Check For Updates command can notify you of updates for MicroSurvey inCAD instead of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
Download MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 Full Installs:
Download MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 (v188.8.131.52) 32-bit version
Download MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 (v184.108.40.206) 64-bit version
Existing MicroSurvey embeddedCAD users with a current (non-expired) maintenance plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 can also be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial version for demonstration purposes.
Download Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey Transfer (free add-on for FieldGenius users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center):
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the full install):
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (requires a password to install, must be purchased separately):