MicroSurvey is pleased to announce Service Pack 1.1 for MicroSurvey CAD 2013. This latest version of MicroSurvey CAD – built for surveyors, contractors and engineers – introduces support for the Leica Nova MS50 Multistation, and is available in 5 product levels: Basic, Standard, Premium, Ultimate, and Studio.
According to Brian Sloman, Desktop Products Manager at MicroSurvey, "The Leica Nova MS50 Multistation is an incredibe example of Leica innovation and engineering, and we are extremely proud to be the only complete CAD system to support the Nova. Along with importing points, figures, and raw survey data, MicroSurvey CAD can also display any photographic images that were recorded, and Nova's high-definition scans can be viewed with MicroSurvey CAD Ultimate or Studio, allowing users to draw and measure directly inside the scan, generate surface models from the scan, and much more!"
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1.1 today!
Complete MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Release Notes: click here
New Features in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1.1
- Leica Nova MS50 Multistation Support (Leica DBX Import)
- MicroSurvey CAD now supports importing Leica DBX projects surveyed with the new Leica Nova MS50 Multistation, including its images and 3D scans.
- Images can be imported and displayed in MicroSurvey CAD Basic, Standard, Premium, Ultimate or Studio editions.
- Scans can be imported and displayed in MicroSurvey CAD Ultimate or Studio editions.
- To import a Leica DBX database: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | Read DBX Database from the menus, or type DBXIN at the command line.
- To manage all imported databases: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | Manage Imported Databases from the menus, or type DBXMANAGE at the command line.
- To view images taken from a specific station: press the Image buttons in the Active Coordinate Editor or the Single Point Editor.
- To view all imported images: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | View Imported Images from the menus, or type DBXIMAGES at the command line.
- To view all imported scans: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | View Imported Scans from the menus, or type DBXSCANS at the command line.
Important Fixes in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1.1
- [D6121] AutoMap Library - An AutoMap Library located outside of the default folder could not be automatically opened, so the mscad.csv library would load instead.
- [D6054] Check For Updates - The online updater command did not check to confirm that your USB license key has already been activated for the update available for download.
- [D6203] Import FieldGenius - The SyncWizard Import command did start in the correct default folder.
- [D6066] Import Leica DBX - If multiple DBX databases are imported into a drawing, only images referenced in last imported database were accessible. All images and scans imported from multiple Leica DBX databases and MicroSurvey FieldGenius projects are now accessible.
- [D6157] Import Leica DBX - Figures are now imported as 3D by default instead of 2D.
- [D6168] Import Leica DBX - A new option was added to process linework using either the figure code (as previous) or the point code from the first point on the figure.
- [D6045] Render - A performance issue when rendering Text entities is resolved via a new "Render Text" view option which prevents rendering of all text entities for improved performance.
- [D6095] Render - The Rendering commands were missing from the View menu, they are now accessible via View | Rendering | Render, etc.
- [D6083] Status Bar - The Graphics Mode indicator (OpenGL or BMP) was missing from the status bar at the bottom of the main interface.
- [D6129] Surface Modeling - In the Surface Color Options dialog, selecting Surface Color Method = None does not work.
- [D6123] Surface Modeling - In the Surface Color Options dialog, when "Drawing Legend" is enabled it may not drawn onto the same layer as the surface.
- [D6045] Point Cloud Linework - A performance issue when rendering Text entities is resolved via a new "Render Text" view option which suppresses the rendering of all text entities for improved performance.
- [D6122] Point Cloud Linework - When drawing in the point cloud viewer, the CAD display did not immediately update until the mouse was moved over the drawing area.
- [F2227] Point Cloud Linework - When drawing in the point cloud viewer, the AutoMap Library did not control how linework is drawn (including: layer, linetype, 2D/3D, Lines/Polylines).
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1.1
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1.1 Full Install: click here
MicroSurvey CAD can be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial period for demonstration purposes.
Existing MicroSurvey CAD users with a current (non-expired) maintenance subscription support plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) to continue running this version beyond the 30-day trial period. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
Download Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey Transfer (free add-on for FieldGenius users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center): click here
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the MicroSurvey CAD install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately, required a password to install): click here
MicroSurvey PCI Conversion Utility for FARO 5.1 (free conversion utility for FARO users): click here
View Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey CAD Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey CAD Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Upgrade Tour Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Known Issues: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Frequently Asked Questions: click here