MicroSurvey is pleased to announce Service Pack 2 for MicroSurvey CAD 2013. This latest version of MicroSurvey CAD – built for surveyors, contractors and engineers – is powered by the latest IntelliCAD 7.2c engine, adds important new productivity tools and bug fixes, and is available in 5 product levels to fit your specific needs: Basic, Standard, Premium, Ultimate, and Studio.
The new IntelliCAD 7.2c engine has over 650+ fixes since the MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP1 and SP1.1 releases — that's over 1350+ IntelliCAD fixes since the initial MicroSurvey CAD 2013 release — and solves several important stability, performance, and other issues that affected users.
According to Brian Sloman, Desktop Products Manager at MicroSurvey, "Along with the many IntelliCAD fixes which give us with the most stable and efficient IntelliCAD 7 platform yet, we also introduced some powerful new productivity features and we squashed some important bugs, allowing MicroSurvey users to be more efficient than ever with MicroSurvey CAD. We've enhanced the ability to add CAD entities into your coordinate database using new entity filter options and to use layer names and block names to set point descriptions, and to use named grid lines to coordinate points with intelligent point IDs or descriptions based on the intersecting grid lines. Further, MicroSurvey CAD now works with MicroSurvey FieldGenius projects surveyed with the new Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation, including importing images and scans collected during the survey, so users can easily work with their scan-enhanced FieldGenius survey to digitize scanned features, build detailed surface models, and more!"
MicroSurvey offers free trial versions for all of its major software – download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP2 today!
Complete MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Release Notes: click here
New Features in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP2
- Powered by IntelliCAD 7.2c
- MicroSurvey CAD 2013 is built on the latest IntelliCAD engine, IntelliCAD 7.2c. See the Release Notes for a summary of what's new.
- Improved Auto-Add Points to Objects
- Set the starting point ID and description to use for storing the new points.
- Set the point description based on the selected entity's layer name or block name.
- Set the selection filter to use only the desired entity types, from: Points, Lines, Arcs, Circles, Polylines, Blocks, and Text.
- If any of the layers being drawn to are turned off or frozen, you will be prompted to turn them on and thaw them.
- Select MsPoints | Auto-Add Points from Objects from the menus, or type AUTOP at the command line.
- Improved Coordinate Grid Lines
- When coordinating grid lines, assign names to each grid line like A,B,C,D,... and 1,2,3,4,... and automatically set the ID or Description of the resulting grid points using the grid line names like A-1,A-2,B-1,B-2,...
- Select MsTools | Coordinate Grid Lines from the menus, or type COORDINATE_GRID_LINES at the command line.
- Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation Support (FieldGenius SyncWizard)
- MicroSurvey CAD now supports importing MicroSurvey FieldGenius projects surveyed with the new Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation, including its images and 3D scans.
- Displaying images is available in MicroSurvey CAD Basic, Standard, Premium, Ultimate or Studio editions.
- Displaying scans is available in MicroSurvey CAD Ultimate or Studio editions.
- To import a FieldGenius project: select MsTraverse | FieldGenius SyncWizard from the menus, or type SYNCWIZARD at the command line.
- To manage all imported databases: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | Manage Imported Databases from the menus, or type DBXMANAGE at the command line.
- To view images taken from a specific station: press the Image buttons in the Active Coordinate Editor or the Single Point Editor.
- To view all imported images: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | View Imported Images from the menus, or type DBXIMAGES at the command line.
- To view all imported scans: select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX | View Imported Scans from the menus, or type DBXSCANS at the command line.
Important Fixes in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP2
- [D6059] Stability - A significant performance issue affecting Windows XP users has been fixed, where the program could stop responding and leave the CPU Usage pinned at 100%.
- [D6195] 3D Offset - Negative vertical offset (down) values could not be specified.
- [D6335] Animation - The EXIT, CLOSE and WCLOSE commands were not being monitored while the ANIM command is running, which could result in changes not being saved to the .ani animation file.
- [D6337] Active Coordinate Editor - Switching drawings in the CAD window may not reliably switch the Coordinate Editor view to match the current drawing.
- [D6390] AutoMap Library - Switching drawings in the CAD window could cause the program to stop responding if the drawing's AutoMap Library references a block that cannot be found.
- [D6303] Drawing Cleanup Wizard - The "Bind External References (Xrefs) as Blocks" option did not work because of the new Xref Manager dialog.
- [D2251] Entity Snaps - Running entity snaps are no longer turned off during the Fence Line, Tree Line, Text Line, Parking Stall Layout, Auto Site Design, and Water Mains commands.
- [D5984] Erase Layer - points and/or figures that are erased were not automatically removed from the database.
- [D6382] Exit - The program may crash during exit if the render or point cloud windows are open.
- [D6000] FieldGenius Export - Blocks containing non-constant attribute definitions would cause an error message "Error PA2-W5S, Unable to create entity (INSERT) in block (DO_NOT_USE_FG_EXPORT)".
- [D6351] FieldGenius Export - Proxy Entities would cause an error message "Error PA2-W5S, Unable to create entity (ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY) in block (DO_NOT_USE_FG_EXPORT)".
- [D6352] FieldGenius Export - Arc Dimensions would cause an error message "Error PA2-W5S, Unable to create entity (ARC_DIMENSION) in block (DO_NOT_USE_FG_EXPORT)".
- [D6357] FieldGenius Export - Multi-Leaders would cause an error message "Error PA2-W5S, Unable to create entity (MLEADER) in block (DO_NOT_USE_FG_EXPORT)".
- [D6367] FieldGenius Import - Lines and Arcs in the FieldGenius project were not automatically added into the figures database and associated with the appropriate points.
- [D6362] FieldGenius Import - The "Archive project upon import" option did not default on/off as appropriate like in previous versions.
- [D6323] FieldGenius Import - An "Error, attempting to create directory" message could occur on startup if the program was installed by a different user account.
- [D6060] LandXML Export - A linearUnit="USSurveyFoot" setting was never written, only linearUnit="foot" or linearUnit="meter".
- [D4313] LandXML Export - The required pressureUnit, temperatureUnit, volumeUnit, and areaUnit attributes were missing, which could cause a failure to import into some third-party applications.
- [D5594] LandXML Import - After import, the drawing is now automatically zoomed to its extents to ensure that the imported elements are visible.
- [D6061] LandXML Import - A linearUnit="foot" or linearUnit="USSurveyFoot" setting was not differentiated when compared against the drawing's unit setting.
- [D6050] LandXML Import - A linearUnit setting that does not match the drawing's unit setting causes a somewhat ambiguous warning message about the unit mismatch, this has been clarified.
- [D6049] LandXML Import - Surface models cause a somewhat confusing prompt to draw the TIN as either 3dfaces or as a polyface mesh, this has been clarified.
- [D6341] Lineweight Units - A new System Toggle has been added so that the automatic setting of the LWUNITS system variable (added in SP1.1) can be enabled or disabled.
- [D6018] Save As - Saving to the same filename of another currently open file could cause an error message and crash.
- [D6052] Save As - Saving to the same filename with a different extension could cause an error message and crash.
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP2
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2013 SP2 Full Install: click here
MicroSurvey CAD can be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial period for demonstration purposes.
Existing MicroSurvey CAD users with a current (non-expired) maintenance subscription support plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) to continue running this version beyond the 30-day trial period. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
Download Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey Transfer (free add-on for FieldGenius users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center): click here
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the MicroSurvey CAD install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately, requires a password to install): click here
MicroSurvey PCI Conversion Utility for FARO 5.1 (free conversion utility for FARO users): click here
View Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey CAD Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey CAD Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Upgrade Tour Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Known Issues: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2013 Frequently Asked Questions: click here