MicroSurvey Software Inc. is pleased to announce STAR*NET 8, the latest and most powerful version ever of the industry-leading STAR*NET least squares network adjustment suite. Featuring an all-new coordinate system engine with over 3800 predefined coordinate systems, a powerful custom coordinate system editor and direct .bin/.byn geoid modeling support, this brings the power of STAR*NET to users who were previously unable to use it before. This is a FREE upgrade for any STAR*NET users who have a valid (non-expired) Maintenance Subscription Support Program.
New Features in STAR*NET 8
- CS-Map Coordinate System Engine
- The CS-Map coordinate system engine was added to STAR*NET to provide 100% cross-compatibility between all MicroSurvey products including MicroSurvey STAR*NET, MicroSurvey CAD, and MicroSurvey FieldGenius.
- Over 3800 worldwide coordinate systems can now be selected, including all of the UTM and SPCS zones that were previously available and many more that were not.
- Custom coordinate systems can be defined directly inside STAR*NET using the new Coordinate System Editor, which supports many more datum and projection types not available in previous versions.
- NGS and NRC geoid files can now be used directly inside STAR*NET without requiring conversion to the previous .ght format — including Natural Resource Canada's BYN format which was previously unsupported.
- Hundreds of worldwide geoid models are available for download via the MicroSurvey Helpdesk.
Defects Fixed in STAR*NET 8
- [D5779] Find Points - the Find Point panel did not show any whitespace for Tab characters in the matching data lines.
- [T1582] Find Points - the Find Point functionality has been optimized to dramatically increase search speed.
- [D5855] GPS Importer - Error messages did not include the filename in the error message.
- [D5944] GPS Importer - FieldGenius vector importer uses the base antenna reference ID and position instead of the base point ID, coordinate, and antenna height when the base point is defined via a BP record in the raw file.
- [D5854] Input Files - When opening a project with missing input files, the error message which should indicate the missing filename only showed "Ref".
- [D4731] Input Files - the vertical scrollbar was not updated when new files are added, which in large projects could make new files inaccessible.
- [D6280] Input Files - When opening a project with missing input files, the program may crash.
- [D6291] Network Plot - "World Imagery" and other online data sources previously available in the network plot had disappeared due to changes on third-party servers.
- [D5852] Points Reformatter - the "Reformatter File Generation Successful" message was displayed with a Warning icon.
- [F1647] Processing Summary - selected text can now be copied from the Processing Summary panel by pressing ctrl-C, to paste into another document or program.
- [D5672] STAR*Leica DBX - All setup points were written as fixed C records, these are now commented out so they will not unintentionally prevent adjustment.
- [D6289] STAR*Leica DBX - Antenna Heights listed in Vector records caused incorrect elevation values.
- [D6091] STAR*Leica DBX - Inconsistent data from "Sets of Angles v4.60" caused the conversion to stall.
- [D5848] STAR*Leica DBX - Several messages were not translatable in non-English versions.
- [F1995] STAR*Leica DBX - Resection observations were not converted.
- [F1933] STAR*Leica DBX - Sets of Angles observations can now be converted using either the average of each set (as before) or using all observations on both faces.
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Install (includes all conversion utilities): click here
Existing MicroSurvey STAR*NET users with a current maintenance plan may need to use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) before this version can be run. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
For demonstration purposes, MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 can be run for 10-days as the fully-featured STAR*NET-PRO edition, and beyond that as the limited 10-station STAR*NET-DEMO edition. All of the conversion utilities are also unlocked during this 10-day demo period.
Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey STAR*NET 8 Known Issues: click here
Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the STAR*NET 8 install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately): click here