MicroSurvey is pleased to announce the release of MicroSurvey CAD 2015, a major update to its flagship desktop survey and design program for land surveyors and civil engineers.
The latest release is powered by the all new IntelliCAD 8 engine and is the first ever 64-bit version of MicroSurvey CAD. According to Brian Sloman, Development Manager at MicroSurvey, "The 64-bit architecture allows MicroSurvey CAD 2015 to access and use more system resources, and in a more efficient manner, unlocking the incredible potential of a modern workstation. With the 64-bit version of MicroSurvey CAD 2015, users will experience faster and smoother drafting and calculation operations, and can work with larger drawings and more points."
MicroSurvey CAD 2015 can read and write the latest .dwg files for compatibility with AutoCAD 2015 and has improved object enablers for drawings from Civil 3D. It also includes several new capabilities driven by requests submitted by users through MicroSurvey's online feature request system. For example, layer filters and layer states have been integrated directly into the IntelliCAD Explorer; a dynamic licensing system makes it easy to switch product levels; the AutoMAP Library, which controls how points and figures are presented, has been enhanced with new capabilities; bearings and azimuths of lines can now be instantly viewed in alternate reference systems; the point clusters tool lets you draw exaggerated error vectors for visually comparing coordinate changes between design and as-built points or during deformation studies; additional point cloud data formats are supported; and much more.
MicroSurvey CAD is compatible with field data from all major total stations and data collectors and is fully compatible with AutoCAD. It includes complete survey drafting, COGO, DTM, traversing, volumes, contouring, point cloud manipulation and data collection interfacing. No plug-ins or modules are necessary. In addition to the 64-bit version, a 32-bit version of the software is also available.
Complete MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Release Notes: click here
New and Enhanced Features in MicroSurvey CAD 2015
- Powered by IntelliCAD 8
- MicroSurvey CAD 2015 is built on the latest IntelliCAD engine, IntelliCAD 8.0a. IntelliCAD 8 is a major release and includes 2013 .dwg file format support for AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015, and comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. New features include layer states, layer filters with search, quick select, 3D orbit, additional grid capabilities, Collada (.dae) file import, MrSID MG4 compressed raster image support, and more.
- More than 1200 issues have been resolved since the IntelliCAD 7.2d release. These include performance enhancements and improvements to the user interface, printing, text, dimensions, entity snapping and tracking, and more.
- See below for additional details about what's new in IntelliCAD 8.
- Dynamic Licensing
- MicroSurvey CAD 2015 is now installed as one single installation containing all five different product levels: Basic, Standard, Premium, Ultimate, and Studio.
- All product levels are pre-loaded and available in every MicroSurvey CAD 2015 install, and are activated dynamically by your USB license key. Use any valid key with any installation - no more reinstalling to change product levels!
- AutoMAP Plotted Descriptions
- ASCII Export:
- A new "Use Plotted Description" option has been added to the Export ASCII commands which will write out the AutoMAP Plotted Descriptions in place of the Descriptions.
- Type ASCII_OUT at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Export ASCII Points or Lat Long File.
- Active Coordinate Editor:
- An optional "Plotted Description" column can now be enabled in the Active Coordinate Editor.
- Type COORDEDIT at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Active Coordinate Editor.
- Single Point Editor:
- A new "Plotted Description" field has been added to the Single Point Editor dialogs.
- Type EDITP at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Store & Edit Points, or with your grips off click on a point node or label.
- Geodetic Single Point Editor:
- A new "Plotted Description" field has been added to the Single Point Editor dialogs.
- Type EDITPG at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Store & Edit Geodetic Position.
- AutoMAP Substitution Codes
- Access field-coded parameters directly from your point descriptions and use them to control the Layer, Symbol, and other fields. (Previously available only in the Plotted Description field.)
- Substitution codes use the same syntax as introduced in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 for the Plotted Description field, and include $0 to substitute the code, $1-$9 to substitute the first through ninth space-delimited parameter following the code, $+ to substitute all parameters following the code, $* to substitute the entire description including the code plus all parameters, and $$ to substitute a literal "$" character.
- For example, specify a Layer name like $1 and a block name like TREE_$1.DWG in AutoMap to dynamically place TREE points like TREE OAK and TREE ELM on OAK and ELM layers with TREE_OAK.DWG and TREE_ELM.DWG symbols.
- Type AUTOMAP_EDITOR at the command line, or in the menus select MsTraverse > AutoMAP System > AutoMAP Library.
- Draw the error vectors of each cluster as polar or orthogonal lines, with an exaggeration factor and customizable color and layer properties depending on the pass/fail condition.
- Type CLUSTERS at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Clusters.
- COGO Bearing Rotation
- A "Rotated Bearing/Azimuth" field has been added onto the CAD Lines and CAD Curves dialogs, to show both the original and rotated bearing/azimuth per the specified COGO Bearing Rotation angle.
- A "Rotated Chord Bearing/Azimuth" field has been added onto the CAD Lines and CAD Curves dialogs, to to show both the original and rotated chord bearing per the specified COGO Bearing Rotation angle.
- To access the System Toggles, type CNF_EDIT_TOGGLES at the command line, or in the menus select MsTools > MicroSurvey System Toggles.
- To access the CAD Lines or CAD Curves dialogs, make sure your GRIPS are turned off then click on the desired line or arc.
- Google Earth KML Export
- Additional details are available in the Point and Line/Curve details, including point coordinates and line and curve information.
- New style options are available for specifying the point icon, icon size, and label size.
- Type WRITEKML at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Other Program Ties > Leica DBX > Import Leica DBX.
- Leica DBX Import
- Import Leica Codelists, and add its contents to your AutoMAP library.
- Import "Ghost Point" setups, where the project starts with a setup that was established in a different project.
- Type DBXIN at the command line, or in the menus select MsTraverse > Read Collector Files In > Leica DBX > Import Leica DBX.
- Line/Curve/Tie Tables
- Use point IDs to specify which lines, curves, and ties you want to added to Line Table, Curve Table or Multi-Tie Table.
- Type LINE_TABLE at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Add Tables > Add Lines to Table.
- Type CURVE_TABLE at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Add Tables > Add Curves to Table.
- Type MULTITIES at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Add Tables > Add Ties to Table.
- Line Labels
- A new option has been added into the Bearing Labeling Defaults to specify the number of spaces between the Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds values in a Bearing label like N 30° 12' 34" E.
- Type CNF_BEARINGS at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Labeling Defaults > Bearings.
- Point Cloud Conversion
- Conversion of XYZ files is more flexible, allowing conversion of "X Y Z", "X Y Z R G B", "X Y Z I", and "X Y Z I R G B" data.
- Type PCICU at the command line, or in the menus select MsAdvanced > PCI Conversion Utility.
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2015
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Full Install, 32-bit version: click here
Download MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Full Install, 64-bit version: click here
MicroSurvey CAD can be run in a 30-day, fully functional trial period for demonstration purposes.
Existing MicroSurvey CAD users with a current (non-expired) maintenance subscription support plan must use the USB License Manager application to update their USB License Key(s) to continue running this version beyond the 30-day trial period. If your maintenance plan has expired, please call MicroSurvey Software Inc. at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or contact your local MicroSurvey dealer to renew it.
Download Additional Supporting Applications
MicroSurvey Transfer (free add-on for FieldGenius users, requires Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center): click here
MicroSurvey USB License Manager (included in the MicroSurvey CAD install): click here
MicroSurvey USB Network License Server (must be purchased separately, requires a password to install): click here
MicroSurvey PCI Conversion Utility for FARO 5.2 (free conversion utility for FARO users): click here
View Additional Online Resources
MicroSurvey CAD Product Website: click here
MicroSurvey CAD Online Training Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Upgrade Tour and Movies: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Release Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Frequently Asked Questions: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Upgrade Notes: click here
MicroSurvey CAD 2015 Known Issues: click here