MicroSurvey brings intuitive calculation tools for land surveyors to popular drafting platforms, including IntelliCAD and AutoCAD. MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2022 runs on the all-new AutoCAD OEM 2022 engine.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2022 SP1 - Released March 31, 2022
- A new licensing dialog has been added to the program.
- Floating licenses are now supported.
- Floating licenses may be checked out for up to 4 days at a time by clicking "Check out" on the license options dialog.
- MS_ACTIVATE has been replaced by MS_LICENSE, and a new button has been added to the ribbon for licensing access.
- We upgraded our SDK of ZipArchive, which is used to open and close databases. This adds threadsafe functionality and improves database performance.
- NEW DRAWING - Clicking the "+" tab to create a new drawing, then saving, would cause a series of errors.
- HOUSE TIE ARROWS - Position was being incorrectly affected by scale factor.
- MANUAL DISTANCE - Command would cause a crash.
- DBX Import - Importing DBX data with attributes into a drawing with existing attributes could cause a crash.
- LANDXML_OUT - Exporting a surface with spaces in the name would export multiple invalid surfaces to the file.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2022 - Released July 8, 2021
- Attribute filtering has been added directly to the drawing window. Now you can control the visibility of GIS features based on their attributes.
- Set up an all new attribute label set to add custom labels to smart points with GIS attributes.
- We've optimized existing GIS functions so they run faster!
- embeddedCAD 2022 now runs on the latest AutoCAD OEM 2022 engine.
- AUTOMAP_EDITOR - Previews of AutoMap entries were not shown when clicked.
- ACTIVE COORDINATE EDITOR - Deleting points, then closing the ACE while point protection was active would crash the program.
- ARC LABELS - Arc labels were incorrect when the arc was trimmed by an AutoMap symbol.
- AUTOMAP - Polyline width was not retained.
Software licenses are stored on the USB key. These must be activated after a new purchase, and usually require manual updates when new versions of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD are released.
The process is the same for both; click here for detailed instructions.
The USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD; it can be found in the embeddedCAD folder in your start menu. Open it with your USB key inserted and click the "Update Key with New Information" button.
You must have an internet connection to use the USB License Manager. You may download the program and install it on another computer to update keys when corporate policy and firewalls prevent access from your work network.
If your AMS has expired, you may not be able to update your key to the current version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
For a detailed explanation of the AMS program and how we use product numbers and USB keys to license our software, please review the following article.
Each key has a different AMS plan, so multiple keys may not have the same expiry date.
You can confirm your AMS expiry date by reviewing the About screen found in the Help menu.
If your AMS has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you may not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded to simplify the transfer of FieldGenius projects from your data collector to MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
This program has not changed since 2013; previous versions must be updated for newer versions of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center is required to install MicroSurvey Transfer. It may be downloaded here.
If you have purchased a network license, you must download and install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software on your intended license server computer.
A password is required to install the License Server.
If you have purchased a floating license, you may visit microsurvey.com/license to review usage statistics on your license.
After purchase, you will be asked to create a login for the portal.
Log in to the portal, click "Licenses & Activations", then the desired license to review its details.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2022 is compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It is not compatible with any 32-bit operating system. Additional Details.
A free USB port is required for the USB License Key (local workstation or network server)
Full administrator rights are required to install MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2022, but it can be run by limited user accounts.
For detailed system requirements and recommendations, please review this online article.
Run as Administrator
You must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as administrator" access.
Clicking "Run" from the installation package does this automatically.
If this step is skipped, you may run as administrator by doing the following:
- Right click on the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2022 icon.
- Choose "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
After this step is complete, you may run the program from any user account on the computer, even if they do not have administrative privileges.