STAR*NET Online Training
Please join us this winter for a MicroSurvey STAR*NET Certification online training session. This course will prepare you to use most aspects of STAR*NET. Attendees at this session will gain experience using converters, setting up a STAR*NET project, selecting or computing appropriate apriori values (Instrument Settings), will discuss field procedures and will practice a variety of troubleshooting techniques. Techniques will be practiced using total station, RTK GNSS, static GNSS and leveling data but the principles learned will apply regardless of the type of sensor your organization uses.
There will be a link to video recordings of past classes included in the materials page, so students can either preview or review the sessions at their leisure. If you are concerned that you may miss one session this is an attractive option. There will be 16 hours of online instructional time. The training is spread over 2 separate weeks, with a introductory session to show how the online training tools will work.
Sample files and PDF manuals will be provided. No long distance charges will apply, as we will transmit audio over the internet. A PDF Certificate of completion will be mailed at the end of the course.
Tim McCall, the certified instructor engaged for this event is a long time user of STAR*NET and related products who specializes in geodetic topics and the use of GNSS technology. Tim provides a wealth of background knowledge and a new perspective on using STAR*NET to combine all types of data and resolve geospatial problems. Tim is the author of STAR*NET 6: Combining Data, a course offered at our Online School.
This program will cover most aspects of using STAR*NET and will cover strategies and techniques for working with levelling data, conventional traverse data and GNSS data. Pick here for a more detailed list of topics. Attendees who complete the course will be prepared to:
- Configure STAR*NET for a range of equipment types
- Derive apriori values for instrumentation from specifications or field testing
- Design and manage a least squares project
- Interpret results from the listing
- Find and resolve typical problems with networks
- Use a variety of data conversion and import strategies
- Combine data from a variety of sources into a single balanced network
The training will use STAR*NET release 12 Pro as the training platform. Attendees must install this version. We offer two licensing options to enable training:
- If you already own a current STAR*NET 11 Pro license you have met all requirements
- An internet accessible Floating STAR*NET Pro license will be made available to all attendees during the period of the training session. This will allow companies with outdated maintenance, missing converters or missing GNSS features to take part in all activities. If you have more employees than licenses this allows your employees to use the extra licenses during the training month.
Attendees will need a speaker and microphone.
Number of Seats Available: 18 of 25
Preliminary Session: (Please plan to attend if this is your first time attending a Goto Training event:)
Mon, Dec 11, 2023 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PST
Tue, Dec 12, 2023 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Wed, Dec 13, 2023 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Tue, Dec 19, 2023 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
Wed, Dec 20, 2023 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM PST
International: US$1095, or US$1295 if your maintenance contract is not current as of the start of class.
Canadian: CAN$1260, or CAN$1475 if your maintenance contract is not current as of the start of the class. Sales tax will be added to the invoice for Canadian customers.
Training Facility: The comfort of your home or office
Tim McCall, Bach App Sc. (Surveying) Queensland University, Australia
Once you have completed the registration form we will contact you to arrange payment. We will hold your seat for three business days while payment is processed. If you are not using an email address that our staff is familiar with please contact our sales team directly to ensure we know how to reach you.