FieldGenius 2012 now supports the Maylaysian Geoid Model.
This geoid model for Malaysia does not come installed with FieldGenius, and therefore it must be copied manually onto each data collector that you wish to use this geoid model file.
Steps to Install:
- Click here to Download the byn file from our website and save it to your computer.
- Unzip the file, connect your data collector to your computer, and find the location where FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the Malaysia.byn file that you wish to use from your computer into the MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use the Geoid Model for Malaysia:
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems field to Malaysia.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from this geoid model for Malaysia.
- This geoid file covers the extents of:
Latitude: N1°22'00.00000" - N6°42'00.00000"
Longitude: E100°09'00.00000" - E104°18'00.00000"