FieldGenius, STAR*NET and MSCAD now support the Chgeo04 Geoid for Switzerland.
This Chgeo04 Geoid Model for Switzerland does not come installed with your MicroSurvey software, and therefore it must be copied manually onto each data collector that you wish to use this geoid model file. Additionally, this geoid file must be purchased from Swisstopo, Switzerland's Government Geodesy Department.
Steps to Install:
- Email this address and arrange to purchase the .byn version of this geoid. Be sure to request the Canadian, or FieldGenius format version of the Geoid file. It will have the extension ".byn."
- Once the file has been emailed to you, save it to your PC. Unzip the file if it has the extension ".zip"
- Connect your data collector to your computer, and find the location where FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the Chgeo04.byn file from your computer into the MicroSurvey FieldGenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use the Geoid Model:
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical System field to Chgeo04.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from this geoid model for Switzerland.