MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2012 (v12.0.0) - May 27, 2011
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2012 SP1 (v12.1.0) - July 29, 2011
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 (v13.0.0) - September 28, 2012
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 SP1 (v13.0.1) - October 5, 2012
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2014 (v14.0.0) - March 7, 2014
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 (v15.0.1) - April 30, 2015
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey embeddedCAD for the first time, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from previous version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey embeddedCAD service pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your Maintenance Subscription has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the MSSP by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your MSSP has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you will not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to install the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with a previous version of MicroSurvey CAD/inCAD/embeddedCAD, you may need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015. Some previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will NOT show MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 as a sync option in the Options screen.
The MicroSurvey Transfer program has not changed since MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013. This is only necessary for users who are setting up communications between FieldGenius (any version) and MicroSurvey embeddedCAD (2013 or newer) for the first time.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: A copy of Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or newer) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft or from the MicroSurvey helpdesk.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed significantly since MicroSurvey CAD 2008. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 8.1.
Further AutoCAD system requirement details are available here: AutoCAD 2015 System Requirements.
Windows 7 & Windows 8 Notes
Run as Administrator
If installing on Windows 7 or 8 you must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with an "Administrator" account on the computer.
After this is done, it can be run by any user on the computer, including those who don't have administrative accounts.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on one of the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 icons.
- Select "Run as administrator"
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the "What's This? Help" feature under Windows 7 or 8, you may need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
Please note that the main Help files will work without this update.
For a current version of this document, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 Release Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for New Users, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 Frequently Asked Questions topic in our online helpdesk.
For information on upgrading from a previous version, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are now answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP).
To purchase or renew your MSSP, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or visit our online store at store.microsurveysales.com.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 (v15.0.0) Notes
- Latest Autodesk® engine - AutoCAD® OEM 2015 SP2
- MicroSurvey embeddedCAD is powered by Autodesk Technology™.
- Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2015 engine provides maximum compatibility with AutoCAD software and DWG™ files.
- Includes Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2015 Service Pack 2.
- AutoMAP Plotted Descriptions
- ASCII Export:
- A new "Use Plotted Description" option has been added to the Export ASCII commands which will write out the AutoMAP Plotted Descriptions in place of the Descriptions.
- Type ASCII_OUT at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Export ASCII Points or Lat Long File.
- Active Coordinate Editor:
- An optional "Plotted Description" column can now be enabled in the Active Coordinate Editor.
- Type COORDEDIT at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Active Coordinate Editor.
- Single Point Editor:
- A new "Plotted Description" field has been added to the Single Point Editor dialogs.
- Type EDITP at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Store & Edit Points, or with your grips off click on a point node or label.
- Geodetic Single Point Editor:
- A new "Plotted Description" field has been added to the Single Point Editor dialogs.
- Type EDITPG at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Store & Edit Geodetic Position.
- AutoMAP Substitution Codes
- Access field-coded parameters directly from your point descriptions and use them to control the Layer, Symbol, and other fields. (Previously available only in the Plotted Description field.)
- Substitution codes use the same syntax as introduced in MicroSurvey CAD 2013 for the Plotted Description field, and include $0 to substitute the code, $1-$9 to substitute the first through ninth space-delimited parameter following the code, $+ to substitute all parameters following the code, $* to substitute the entire description including the code plus all parameters, and $$ to substitute a literal "$" character.
- For example, specify a Layer name like $1 and a block name like TREE_$1.DWG in AutoMap to dynamically place TREE points like TREE OAK and TREE ELM on OAK and ELM layers with TREE_OAK.DWG and TREE_ELM.DWG symbols.
- Type AUTOMAP_EDITOR at the command line, or in the menus select MsTraverse > AutoMAP System > AutoMAP Library.
- Google Earth KML Export
- Additional details are available in the Point and Line/Curve details, including point coordinates and line and curve information.
- New style options are available for specifying the point icon, icon size, and label size.
- Type WRITEKML at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Other Program Ties > Leica DBX > Import Leica DBX.
- Leica DBX Import
- Import Leica Codelists, and add its contents to your AutoMAP library.
- Import "Ghost Point" setups, where the project starts with a setup that was established in a different project.
- Type DBXIN at the command line, or in the menus select MsTraverse > Read Collector Files In > Leica DBX > Import Leica DBX.
- Line/Curve/Tie Tables
- Use point IDs to specify which lines, curves, and ties you want to added to Line Table, Curve Table or Multi-Tie Table.
- Type LINE_TABLE at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Add Tables > Add Lines to Table.
- Type CURVE_TABLE at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Add Tables > Add Curves to Table.
- Type MULTITIES at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Add Tables > Add Ties to Table.
- Line Labels
- A new option has been added into the Bearing Labeling Defaults to specify the number of spaces between the Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds values in a Bearing label like N 30° 12' 34" E.
- Type CNF_BEARINGS at the command line, or in the menus select MsAnnotate > Labeling Defaults > Bearings.
- COGO Bearing Rotation
- A "Rotated Bearing/Azimuth" field has been added onto the CAD Lines and CAD Curves dialogs, to show both the original and rotated bearing/azimuth per the specified COGO Bearing Rotation angle.
- A "Rotated Chord Bearing/Azimuth" field has been added onto the CAD Lines and CAD Curves dialogs, to to show both the original and rotated chord bearing per the specified COGO Bearing Rotation angle.
- To access the System Toggles, type CNF_EDIT_TOGGLES at the command line, or in the menus select MsTools > MicroSurvey System Toggles.
- To access the CAD Lines or CAD Curves dialogs, make sure your GRIPS are turned off then click on the desired line or arc.
- Draw the error vectors of each cluster as polar or orthogonal lines, with an exaggeration factor and customizable color and layer properties depending on the pass/fail condition.
- Type CLUSTERS at the command line, or in the menus select MsPoints > Clusters.
- [T1799] 64-bit version - The serial transfer upload/download commands are now available in the 64-bit version.
- [T1801] 64-bit version - The legacy FieldGenius XG import/export commands are now available in the 64-bit version.
- [D6580] Active Coordinate Editor - Sorting the points by Point ID does not sort the points numerically.
- [D3944] Active Coordinate Editor - Auto-Adding Points to Point Nodes did not update the coordinate editor to show the new points.
- [D6374] Active Coordinate Editor - When switching drawings in CAD, the Active Coordinate Editor may not switch to that of the current drawing.
- [D6773] Active Coordinate Editor - When saving a drawing as a new name, the Active Coordinate Editor may not switch to that of the new drawing.
- [D6852] Best Fit Line/Curve - The Updatedb, Move option does not work with alphanumeric point IDs.
- [D6963] CAD Lines Dialog - Clicking on a line while viewing a drawing from along the X or Y axis can cause the program to crash.
- [D7139] CAD Lines Dialog - The Angle field has been relabeled as Azimuth or Bearing depending on your unit settings.
- [D6774] COGO - Inversing points with very large point IDs does not draw the corresponding line.
- [D6832] COGO Bearing Rotation - The Apply Bearing Rotation option is ignored when entering a chord bearing via the CB option.
- [D6632] Coordinate Systems - When switching drawings from one with a coordinate system to one without a coordinate system, the coordinate system can be set to that of the previous drawing.
- [D6733] Coordinate Systems - The "Clear" button on the General Configuration Options dialog did not work.
- [D6753] Coordinate Systems - Creating a user defined coordinate system can cause an error message "Invalid ellipsoid name specification detected".
- [D6810] Coordinate Transformations - Transform Database command converts all coordinates to meters.
- [D6690] Coordinate Transformations - transformations between Canadian Systems on the NAD27 and NAD83(CSRS) datums (ie: UTM-NAD27-xx to UTM-NAD83(CSRS)-xx, and vice-versa) do not work. The NTv2 grid shift file(s) specified via Nad27toCSRS.gdc were applied incorrectly, resulting in coordinate errors of about 0.3m (but this may vary).
- [D6789] Coordinate Transformations - transformations between Canadian Systems on the NAD83(Original) and NAD83(CSRS) datums (ie: MTM-NAD83(Original)-xx to MTM-NAD83(CSRS)-xx, and vice-versa) do not work. The NTv2 grid shift file(s) specified via Nad83toCSRS.gdc were applied incorrectly, resulting in coordinate errors of about 0.4m (but this may vary).
- [D6847] Coordinate Transformations - transformations between Canadian Systems on the NAD27 and NAD83(Original) datums (ie: MTM-NAD27-xx to MTM-NAD83(Original)-xx, and vice-versa) do not work. The NTv2 grid shift file(s) could not be specified via the new Nad27toNad83.gdc, resulting in coordinates that would not change.
- [D7106] Coordinate Transformations - transformations between US Systems on the NAD83 and HPGN datums do not work (ie: XX83 to XXHP, and vice-versa) do not work. The NADCON HPGN grid shift files specified via Nad83toHARN.gdc were applied incorrectly, resulting in coordinate errors of about 0.8' (but this may vary).
- [D7106] Coordinate Transformations - transformations between US Systems on the NAD27 and NAD83 datums do not work (ie, NAD27-PR-1 to LL84, and vice-versa) do not work. The NADCON grid shift files specified via NAD27toNAD83.gdc are unable to compute a position, resulting in coordinates at 0,0.
- [D6826] Database - The .msz database file can be created with an incorrect path offset for the temporary .msj database folder, which can cause various errors when reading data from an .msz file.
- [D7090] Database - Creating a new drawing, when an .msj folder of the same name already exists, causes the new drawing and database to be out of sync.
- [D6792] Delete Project Database - Attempting to delete the current project's database file produced a warning message that was partially cut off.
- [D6761] Drawing Recovery Wizard - Empty .msj database folders are no longer offered as a recovery option.
- [D6770] Drawing Recovery Wizard - 0-byte .msz database files are no longer offered as a recovery option.
- [D6601] Export ASCII - Writing out a Lat/Long Column Specific file writes the latitude and longitude values into the opposite column.
- [D6751] Export ASCII - Writing out a Lat/Long file exports all points with 0 elevation.
- [D6785] Export ASCII - Points with very large point IDs are exported multiple times.
- [D6731] Export ASCII - Writing out a Lat/Long file causes an error message "Pt 0: is not a valid key name." for every exported point.
- [D7092] Export Leica iCON - Large coordinate values may be exported in scientific notation.
- [D7072] Export STAR*NET - The Help button on the STAR*NET Export command does not work.
- [D6736] Global Mapper - When using an unsupported coordinate system, an error message now appears indicating the problem.
- [D6744] Global Mapper - The imagery does not display in some situations.
- [D6745] Global Mapper - The imagery is now automatically drawn at Back so it will not obscure the drawing.
- [D6746] Global Mapper - Listing the imagery did not show any information.
- [D6889] Help Files - The Microsoft Translator widget used in the Help files started generating script errors and has therefore been removed.
- [D6748] Import ASCII - Reading a Lat/Long file ignores all point elevations.
- [D6509] Import Leica DBX - "Ghost Point" setups (where the setup was established in a previous project) are not imported.
- [D5909] Independent Point Numbers - IPN labels not displayed when in a UCS.
- [D6079] Lot Closure - Input Scale Factor was not applied to Arc Radius values.
- [D6759] Point Blocks - Scanning for Point Blocks with Attributes can cause the mscad.dll to perform an illegal operation.
- [D6532] Project Manager - Creating a new drawing with a semicolon in the filename can cause the program to crash.
- [D6980] Stake Out Points - The "Add Pts" button does not work for selecting points in the drawing.
- [D6263] Surface Modeling - A crash may occur when creating a new design surface in AutoRoute.
- [D6545] Surface Modeling - A crash may occur when drawing contour labels.
- [D6892] Surface Modeling - Drawing a Grid can cause the program to crash.
- [D2991] Undo - After copying database points, an Undo may remove the original points from the database.
- [D5850] Undo - After copy/paste of database points, an Undo may delete the original points.