MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2012 (v12.0.0) - May 27, 2011
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2012 SP1 (v12.1.0) - July 29, 2011
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 (v13.0.0) - September 28, 2012
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 SP1 (v13.0.1) - October 5, 2012
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2014 (v14.0.0) - March 7, 2014
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 (v15.0.1) - April 30, 2015
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 (v17.0.0) - November 10, 2016
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey embeddedCAD for the first time, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey inCAD service pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your Maintenance Subscription has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the AMS by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your AMS has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you will not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to install the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with a previous version of MicroSurvey CAD/inCAD/embeddedCAD, you may need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015. Some previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will NOT show MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2015 as a sync option in the Options screen.
The MicroSurvey Transfer program has not changed since MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013. This is only necessary for users who are setting up communications between FieldGenius (any version) and MicroSurvey embeddedCAD (2013 or newer) for the first time.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: A copy of Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or newer) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft or from the MicroSurvey helpdesk.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed significantly since MicroSurvey CAD 2008. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7 SP2, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Further details are available here: AutoCAD 2017 System Requirements.
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 & Windows 10 Notes
Run as Administrator
You must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with an "Administrator" account on the computer.
After this is done, it can be run by any user on the computer, including those who don't have administrative accounts.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on one of the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 icons.
- Select "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the "What's This? Help" feature, you may need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
Please note that the main Help files will work without this update.
For a current version of this document, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 Release Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for New Users, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 Frequently Asked Questions topic in our online helpdesk.
For information on upgrading from a previous version, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are now answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at helpdesk.microsurvey.com to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS).
To purchase or renew your AMS, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or visit our online store at store.microsurveysales.com.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2017 (v17.0.0) Notes
- Latest Autodesk® engine — AutoCAD® OEM 2017 SP1
- MicroSurvey embeddedCAD is powered by Autodesk Technology™.
- Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2017 engine provides maximum compatibility with AutoCAD software and DWG™ files.
- Includes Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2017 Service Pack 1.
- Cloud Storage Support
- Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, and other cloud storage and synchronization services are now supported.
- Open and save your drawings directly in your favourite third-party cloud-synchronized folder, just the same as any other local folder.
- A subscription to a third-party service(s) is required, it is not provided by or through MicroSurvey in any way.
- Independent Point Labels
- The Independent Point Numbers (IPN), Descriptions (IPD), and Elevations (IPE) label system has been enhanced for fast and smooth display.
- AutoMAP Library: Group Codes
- Two new grouping options have been added, which can dramatically simplify your AutoMAP Library and make initial configuration much faster and easier.
- Use the new Group Codes option to use a single AutoMAP Library entry for multiple, related point descriptions. For example, use a ROADING group code for all all your roading-related field codes like CL,EP,EG,EA, etc.
- Use the new Group Range option to use a single AutoMAP Library entry for all points in a specified range. For example use a ROADING group code for all points in the 2000..2999 range, etc, regardless of their actual field code.
- Symbol Librarian: File Operations
- Add a new symbol directly into the selected folder in the symbol library.
- Import an existing drawing file into the selected folder in the symbol library.
- Edit the selected symbol in the symbol library.
- Delete the selected symbol from the symbol library.
- Duplicate the selected symbol in the symbol library.
- [D8034] Active Coordinate Editor - The program may terminate unexpectedly after running a SAVEAS if the Active Coordinate Editor window is open.
- [D6930] Active Traverse Editor - Printing a traverse report could leave out the last row.
- [D7373] Areas - Lot Report can report an incorrect Area in some cases (if the perimeter would cross itself after its arcs are imaginarily replaced with their chord bearings).
- [D7389] Areas - Lot Closure Program can report an incorrect Area in some cases (if the perimeter would cross itself after its arcs are imaginarily replaced with their chord bearings).
- [D7903] AutoMAP Library - Updating an Automap library from a previous version may cause "Error J-17"
- [D7937] AutoMAP Library - AutoMAP Library does not remember layer or offset options when layer name contains a space.
- [D7992] AutoMAP Library - The option to draw Polylines instead of Lines did not work, and would cause "Error adding vertex?" messages.
- [D7735] AutoMAP Library - Loading a .csv file containing blank lines could cause the program to terminate unexpectedly.
- [D7314] CAD Editing - Changing a coordinate via the Properties panel does not update the database.
- [D7531] CAD Editing - Changing a coordinate by undoing a change that was made in the Properties panel can cause the program to terminate unexpectedly.
- [D7369] CAD Editing - Rotating a range of point numbers containing a comma (like 1..99,1000..1999) is improperly interpreted by the dynamic input feature.
- [D7963] Cloud Storage - Various database errors occur when using cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- [D7671] COGO - Input of an Azimuth less than one degree may cause a Handled Exception if the leading zero is not entered.
- [D7711] Combined Scale Factor - Combined Scale Factor calculation was changed to give the inverse of what was given in previous versions, so that: Grid Distance = Ground Distance * Combined Scale Factor.
- [D8014] Combined Scale Factor - Combined Scale Factor calculation was changed to use a fixed mean earth radius value instead of calculating a radius at the point, which now results in an exact match to published NGS and NRCan values.
- [D7036] Coordinate Transformations - Transform Database command does not transform coordinate elevations to orthometric.
- [D7191] Coordinate Transformations - Combined Scale Factor may be computed incorrectly when elevation set to Orthometric.
- [D7318] Coordinate Transformations - Combined Scale Factor may be computed incorrectly.
- [D7302] Coordinate Transformations - Routines that involve a height transformation may work incorrectly or cause the program to terminate unexpectedly.
- [D7607] Coordinate Transformations - Height Transformation was not applied during ASCII Import if the imported points are not stored in the coordinate database.
- [D7669] Coordinate Transformations - The program may terminate unexpectedly if more than about 500 points are transformed via a geoid file in the Active Coordinate Editor.
- [D7221] Coordinate Transformations - Active Coordinate Editor does not display alternate coordinate system with ellipsoidal elevations when the main system is orthometric.
- [D7914] Coordinate Transformations - Transforming coordinates during ASCII Import/Export does not work.
- [D8049] Coordinate Transformations - Transform Database command results in horizontal positions not changing and vertical positions changing to 0.
- [D7222] DBX Manage - The DBXMANAGE (Manage Imported Databases) command could cause the program to stop responding after importing a FieldGenius project.
- [D7716] DBX Manage - The DBXMANAGE (Manage Imported Databases) command could cause the program to terminate unexpectedly after importing a DBX project.
- [D7338] Drawing Cleanup Wizard - polylines containing zero-length arcs cause an unexpected error when deleting zero-length lines. Note, this should be processed using the "Delete duplicate vertices" option.
- [D7759] Drawing Cleanup Wizard - The "Prompt for Selection Set" option does not work.
- [D7293] Import/Export ASCII File - The last used settings are not correctly saved and restored the next time it is run.
- [D7372] Import/Export ASCII File - Importing a large lat/long file can cause the program to terminate unexpectedly.
- [D7245] Independent Point Numbers - IPN Labels may flicker, disappear when zooming and panning, and partially disappear when objects are highlighted.
- [D7426] Settings Migration Wizard - The "AutoCAD Settings" path has been corrected.
- [D7147] LandXML Export - An option to export Lines and arcs was not present, but they were always exported as they are required for the Parcels option.
- [D7216] LandXML Export - Point Descriptions were inapproriately written out to the "desc" field instead of the "code" field.
- [D7743] LandXML Export - The option to export CGPoints should has no effect as it is required for the other data types; it is no longer possible to uncheck it.
- [D7731] LandXML Import - files imported from the New Zealand LandOnline system could cause the import to fail and the program may subsequently crash in a later command.
- [D7634] LandXML Import - A Handled Exception may occur when importing a file that contains invalid surface data.
- [D7344] LandXML Import - An Unhandled Exception may occur when importing a file that contains invalid parcel data.
- [D7166] LandXML Import - A crash may occur when importing surface definitions containing "Chain" source data.
- [D7141] LandXML Import - A crash may occur when importing a file containing Contours and Boundaries from Trimble Business Center.
- [D7135] LandXML Import - The program may stop responding while importing a large (23MB) file.
- [D7359] LandXML Import/Export - The program may terminate unexpectedly in some cases when importing or exporting a LandXML file.
- [D7706] Licensing - A disconnected USB license key cannot be reconnected without restarting the program.
- [D7665] Licensing - A locally installed USB Network License Server causes the number of available licenses to be displayed incorrectly.
- [D7666] Licensing - A network license that becomes unavailable during program startup can cause the program to launch abnormally.
- [D7399] Licensing - When using a Network License, the program would terminate unexpectedly on every second startup and the server name would not be retained.
- [D7420] Licensing - The 30-day demo license could not be reset after the trial period has expired.
- [D2392] Linework - Trimming or Breaking a Smart Line does not correctly remove the EED data from all remaining segments.
- [D7695] Linework - Objects that are selected during various commands such as the CAD Lines Dialog, CAD Curves Dialog, Single Point Editor, and other commands are not automatically unselected on completion.
- [D7674] Linework - Lines and Arcs could be inadvertantly deleted by clicking and holding the mouse down on them such that it performs a zero-length drag-and-drop.
- [D7675] Linework - The Auto House Tie with Arrows command may cause the program to terminate unexpectedly.
- [D7781] Mass Layer Conversion - The Layer Table Editor may cause the program to terminate unexpectedly.
- [D7705] Precomputed Areas - The Sliding Bearing command was missing the prompt to select Points/Line.
- [D6858] Proportion an Arc - When proportioning a long arc (greater than 180 degrees), only the length of its compliment short arc was used.
- [D7616] Right of Way - The Right of Way command would fail with an error message "ERROR(WWA-23):Running the Boundary Command."
- [D7621] Rotate Points - The MS_ROTATE command rotates by an angle that is rounded to the nearest whole second.
- [D7168] Surface Modeling - The Surface Operations command displayed incorrect values in the Detailed Info screen.
- [D7231] Surface Modeling - The Intersect Slope command was missing from the MsModeling menu.
- [D7432] Surface Modeling - The Area Volume command can report an incorrect Area and Volume if the boundary polyline contains arc segments, or if it is curve fitted or spline fitted. Such polylines are no longer accepted as the boundary polyline.
- [D7603] Surface Modeling - The Extract Cross Sections Across Entire Surface command may malfunction if a surface is not loaded.