MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2024
MicroSurvey brings intuitive calculation tools for land surveyors to popular drafting platforms, including BricsCAD®, IntelliCAD and AutoCAD®. MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2024 runs on the AutoCAD OEM 2024 engine, which provides the latest and greatest from AutoDesk, including updates to the start page and a new menu by the drawing tabs.
What’s New in Version 24.0.0
- The ability to disable the xx##xx database warning for point ID’s and line labels through a checkbox in the System Toggles > CAD Drawing Controls.
- MS_RESCALE now retains the designated label style index (1 through 5) for bearing/azimuth and distance labels during the rescale operation for lines. Bearing/azimuth and distance label styles can be defined on the MsAnnotate ribbon in the Defaults section.
- MS_RESCALE will now retain the custom position of point and line labels connected to the MicroSurvey database rather than revert them to the default position. Labels will be shifted from the point node a proportional distance to the increase in text size, this retains the desired spacing between text rows in the labels. To refresh the position of point labels, use the MS_POINTUPDATE command.
- We have completed many stability and foundational improvements in the background of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2024.
- AutoMap substitution coding – fixed a defect where sometimes substitution coding would not plot point attributes in the plotted description using the inline code $1. For more information, we discuss substitution coding in depth in this Helpdesk article.
- Wildcards used in the AutoMAP library for drawing linework are handled as described in the help documentation under the heading Wildcards.
- ASCII_IN will no longer crash when importing space delimited points without elevations.
- Resolved some problems with text styles not retaining their properties after running the REGEN command.
- The Project Manager will now consistent appear on startup of the software.
Compatibility and Upgrades
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD will read and write to *.DWG drawing files and our *.MSZ database interchangeably with our other CAD products: MicroSurvey CAD, inCAD, and SurveyTools for BricsCAD. There are no compatibility issues or workarounds required to use saved MicroSurvey databases between these products. We have supported the *.MSZ format since 2008, and offer conversion utilities for older formats which are described here.
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
- Software licenses are stored on the USB key. These must be activated after a new purchase, and usually require manual updates when new versions of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD are released.
- The process is the same for both; click here for detailed instructions.
- The USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD; it can be found in the embeddedCAD folder in your start menu. Open it with your USB key inserted and click the “Update Key with New Information” button.
- You must have an internet connection to use the USB License Manager. You may download the program and install it on another computer to update keys when corporate policy and firewalls prevent access from your work network.
Annual Maintenance Subscription (AMS) Program
- If your AMS has expired, you may not be able to update your key to the current version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
- For a detailed explanation of the AMS program and how we use product numbers and USB keys to license our software, please review the following article.
- Each key has a different AMS plan, so multiple keys may not have the same expiry date.
- You can confirm your AMS expiry date by reviewing the About screen found in the Help menu.
If your AMS has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you may not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey License Portal for Floating License Users
- If you have purchased a floating license, you may visit com/license to review usage statistics on your license.
- After purchase, you will be asked to create a login for the portal.
- Log in to the portal, click "Licenses & Activations", then the desired license to review its details.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
- MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded to simplify the transfer of FieldGenius projects from your data collector to MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
- This program has not changed since 2013; previous versions must be updated for newer versions of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center is required to install MicroSurvey Transfer. It may be downloaded here.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
- If you have purchased a network license, you must download and install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software on your intended license server computer.
- A password is required to install the License Server.
- MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2024 is compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11 in 64-bit only. It is not compatible with any 32-bit operating system. Additional details.
- A free USB port is required for the USB License Key (local workstation or network server)
- Full administrator rights are required to install MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2024, but it can be run by limited user accounts
- For detailed system requirements and recommendations, please review this online article.
Run as Administrator
- You must run the program at least once elevated with "Run as administrator" access
- Clicking “Run” from the installation package does this automatically
- If this step is skipped, you may run as administrator by doing the following:
- Right click on the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2024 icon.
- Choose "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
- After this step is complete, you may run the program from any user account on the computer, even if they do not have administrative privileges.