MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 v10.4.0 (Release) - December 31, 2010
MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 v10.5.0 (Service Pack 1) - June 3, 2011
MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 v10.6.0 (Service Pack 2) - July 29, 2011
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey inCAD for the first time, or if you are upgrading from MicroSurvey inCAD 2006 or previous or MicroSurvey CAD 2005 or previous, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from MicroSurvey inCAD 2010 or from MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
MicroSurvey CAD and MicroSurvey inCAD use the same license, so a key activated for MicroSurvey CAD v10.4.0 will work with MicroSurvey CAD or inCAD v10.4.0 or earlier. Think of them as the same program, one running in the AutoCAD engine and one running in the IntelliCAD engine.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey inCAD 2011, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey inCAD Service Pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your Maintenance Subscription has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the MSSP by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your MSSP has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you will not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to install the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey inCAD 2010.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with a previous version of MicroSurvey CAD or inCAD, you will need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey inCAD in2011. Previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will NOT show MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 as a sync option in the Options screen.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: A copy of Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or Windows 7) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
The MicroSurvey Network License Server program has not changed since MicroSurvey CAD 2008 8.0.0. This is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD/inCAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of AutoCAD® 2010 and 2011 (including AutoCAD 2010/2011, AutoCAD Civil 2010, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010/2011 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2010/2011), and does not have any requirements above and beyond what is required by your AutoCAD software.
AutoCAD 2010/2011 requires Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7. Further AutoCAD system requirement details are available here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD.html.
Windows Vista & Windows 7 Users
Run Once as Administrator
You must run the program at least once with "Elevated Admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with "Administrator" access on the computer.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on one of the MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 icons.
- Select "Run as administrator".
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow inCAD to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the MicroSurvey inCAD "What's This? Help" feature, you will need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
Please note, that the main MicroSurvey inCAD Help file will work without this update.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey inCAD 2010 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For information on upgrading from inCAD 2006, please visit the MicroSurvey inCAD 2010 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For information on upgrading from inCAD 2010, please visit the MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for New Users, please visit the MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 Frequently Asked Questions topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com/ where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are now answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com/ to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP).
To purchase or renew your MSSP, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or visit our online store at store.microsurveysales.com.
MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 Release
- AutoCAD® 2011 Support
- MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 now supports the AutoCAD® 2011 CAD Engine, including 32-bit and 64-bit versions of AutoCAD 2011, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011, and AutoCAD Map 3D 2011.
- MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 also supports the AutoCAD® 2010 CAD Engine, including 32-bit and 64-bit versions of AutoCAD 2010, AutoCAD Civil 2010, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010, and AutoCAD Map 3D 2010.
- Active Coordinate Editor
- When running the Change Selection Layer command, the four checkboxes for Point, Elevation, Description, Point Number are now unchecked by default, to prevent accidently changing their layers.
- AutoMap Library
- You can now automatically draw an Ellipse, Double Ellipse, or Rectangle around your Point ID labels, this is important for Alberta Land Surveyors.
- You can now specify X and Y offset distances for the Description, Point ID, and Elevation labels in the AutoMAP Library, this will help with spacing out the labels for Design and Stake points, etc.
- You can now process a point range (pt..pt) in addition to the previous method of processing all connections
- A Save prompt has been added when pressing the "New Library" button, to avoid accidental data loss while customizing your Automap Library if you accidentally click "New Library" instead of "New".
- Locked Points
- The "Protected" column in the Active Coordinate Editor is now relabeled as "Locked" to avoid confusion between it and the global Point Protection feature.
- A "Locked Point" checkbox is now available in the Store & Edit Points dialog, which corresponds to the "Locked" (formerly "Protected") option in the Active Coordinate Editor.
- MS Backup
- A save prompt has been added at the start of the MSBACKUP command, because it will copy the most recently saved drawing. Previously, you had to manually Save before Backup.
- Translated Help Files
- Help files can now be translated on-the-fly and read in 31 different languages. (An internet connection is required, high-speed recommended.)
- Traverse Re-coordination
- A "Do not replace descriptions with field values" option has been added, this will prevent point descriptions in your database from changing when a traverse file is recoordinated.
- When processing XYZ-Codes to draw 3D linework, arcs are now drawn as 3D polylines with many vertices to approximate a 3D arc.
- When processing XYZ-Codes to draw 2D linework, arcs are still drawn as 2D arcs as before.
- When processing XYZ-Codes, figures will now be drawn as a single polyline or as individual line and curve segments, per AutoMap Library settings.
- Improved command: _MS_DESC_TO_GRAPHICS (MsTraverse | AutoMap System | Connect Points by XYZ)
- 3D Curves
- When using the _3DCURVE or _3DPOLY_TO_3DCURVE commands, the number of interpolated vertices can now be controlled either by specifying an approximate inter-vertex distance (as before), or by specifying the number of vertices per curved segment (new, defaults to use the "SPLINESEGS" drawing variable).
- The _3DCURVE and _3DPOLY_TO_3DCURVE commands (introduced in inCAD 2010) are now available via the MsTools pulldown menu.
- Improved command: _3DCURVE (MsTools | Draw 3D Curve)
- Improved command: _3DPOLY_TO_3DCURVE (MsTools | Convert 3DPolyline to 3DCurve)
- Point Block Importer
- A "Scan" function has been added which will report the names of all blocks with attributes in the drawing, to help you determine how to set the Block Name and Attribute Name options.
- Wildcards are supported in the Block Name, for example "PAAL*" can be used to match all blocks whose names like PAAL1, PAAL2, etc. (MOUS drawings can contain dozens of block names all beginning with the same prefix.)
- If the Point Number attribute is not available, then the point will be imported using the "Next Pt ID" from the Hot Toggles dialog.
- If the Elevation attribute is not available, then the point will be imported with Z= elevation of the point block entity. (Eagle Point importer can now use 2D point blocks which do not have an elevation attribute.)
- If the Description attribute is not available, then the point will be imported with either no description, or with the default description.
- New command: _IMPORT_GENERIC_POINT_BLOCK (MsPoints | Other Program Ties | Import Generic Point Blocks)
- Improved command: _IMPORT_EP (MsPoints | Other Program Ties | Eagle Point | Import Eagle Point Coordinates)
-  Curvey Leaders - When using the Curvey Leader command, the drawing screen may flicker or disappear requiring you to close and reopen the drawing
-  Leica GSI Import - A crash could occur due to the GSI file being improperly formatted, an error message now appears instead
-  Lot Closures - The "pick" buttons for selecting bearing/azimuth labels when defining a lot closure did not work if the degrees sign was %%D instead of %%d
-  Pad Builder - The dialog was not displaying properly, options appeared to be scattered around
-  Pad Builder - Entering values in feet & inches would produce an error message that the fraction was not formatted correctly
-  Read-Only Files - When a drawing that is In Use is opened by a second user in Read-Only mode, the database is no longer opened for the read-only copy which prevents changes to the read-only copy from corrupting the live copy.
-  Rescale Complete Drawing - A crash could occur if the drawing was missing certain extended entity data on entities referenced in the database
-  Speed/Performance - If Active Coordinate Editor was open, if Hot Toggles was open, or if IPN Labels were on there was a major slowdown issue when storing/editing points for example when performing an RTS calculation, Locking/Unlocking Points, importing an ASCII file, or importing a FieldGenius project
-  Surface Modeling - A crash could occur when extracting cross sections, if the surface name contained a space
-  Surface Modeling - A crash could occur when removing points from DTM via the Active Coordinate Editor, if the drawing contains a layer called dont_use_me
-  Surface Modeling - The "Enable Range" contour configuration option checkbox behaviour was backwards, making it confusing to set the Minimum and Maximum values
-  Surface Modeling - The "Densify Step Size" extraction option had a display issue making the Auto vs Size options confusing to select
-  Surface Modeling - A crash could occur when importing a surface from an XML file containing data in an unrecognized format
- [xxxx] Various broken Help buttons throughout the program have been corrected
- [xxxx] Various spelling errors throughout the program have been corrected
-  Active Coordinate Editor - a crash can occur when opening the coordinate editor, if the total length of the path and filename plus the point id is very long.
-  AutoMap Library - after selecting the "Skip XYZ Connection" option, a "Blank Description Codes(XYZ-._)?" prompt would appear anyways.
-  Batch COGO - Batch cogo fails on a distance-distance intersection with alphanumeric point IDs.
-  Batch COGO - Batch cogo fails on a distance-distance intersection with alphanumeric point IDs.
-  Leica GSI Import - store point records were not created in the traverse file for points which were stored on import.
-  Leica GSI Import - files with descriptions containing a space caused error message like "Problem found on line 23, unable to continue."
-  Leica GSI Import - setup records and backsight shots were incorrectly imported as sideshots.
-  Leica GSI Import - shot records containing descriptions in a 71 record (from using a codelist) were not imported.
-  Leica GSI Import - files with fixed coordinates recorded in "north,east" coordinate order ("east,north" is default) could not be properly imported.
-  Leica GSI Import - files with angles recorded in gons/grads were not converted correctly.
-  Project Units - when opening a drawing with angular units set to Grads, or when creating a new drawing using a template in Grads, it was automatically being changed to DMS format instead.
-  Quick Posts - fixed an issue with the insertion point of the RIP, PTH, PSRP quick post blocks to ensure they insert correctly.
-  Traverse Recoordination - When importing a RAW/RW5 file containing resections, a missing LS record could result in erroneous point elevations. If an expected LS record is not found a warning message is now displayed.
-  Traverse Recoordination - When importing a RAW/RW5 file containing resections, a trailing SP record containing the calculated resection point will now always be imported into the traverse file.
-  Automatic Updater - The automatic update notification message was improved to clarify the fact that a USB key must be updated via the License Manager application in order to run the new version, and to prevent an update that is not licensed from being installed.
-  Automatic Updater - The automatic update notification message was not properly disabled through the appropriate option in Auto Update Preferences.
-  AutoRoute - Labeling offset points on an Alignment did not include the Offset Distance on points offset Right of the alignment.
-  Batch COGO - New records could not be added ad the bottom of the Batch COGO Editor.
-  Crash on Close - AutoCAD could crash while closing the current drawing if the IPN Labels are turned on.
-  Crash on Exit - AutoCAD could crash while exiting from the program if the "Hot Toggles" dialog is on.
-  Figures Database - Using the _ERASE command to delete survey lines from the drawing did not remove the line from the inCAD figures database.
-  IPN Labels - IPN Labels could disappear after zooming or panning with the mouse.
-  IPN Labels - Changed the IPN Option "Refresh on dynamic zoom" to be enabled by default, which improves IPN behaviour.
-  List Unused Points - AutoCAD could crash when running the _LIST_UNUSED (MsPoints | List Points | List Unused Points) command.
-  Permissions - Administrator permissions were previously required to update the "acad.rx" file when inCAD is starting or stopping.
-  Permissions - Administrator permissions were previously required every time inCAD was run, it is now only needed once to initialize the program.
-  Project Manager - The current Project Directory could be forgotten after pressing Cancel on the "Browse for Drawing" dialog.
-  Rescale Complete Drawing - dramatically increased the speed performance of the _MS_RESCALE (MsPoints | Rescale Complete Drawing) command when rescaling line labels. Tests rescaling a drawing containing 2000 points and 1000 Bearing/Distance labeled lines shows an improvement from 6:20 to 0:10.
-  RPN Calculator - A display problem in edit fields with the RPN Calculator button could occur under Windows 7, causing the cursor to flicker and the Calculator button to not disappear when changing focus.
MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 Service Pack 1
- [F0529] COGO - You can now repeat the last entered distance or direction in COGO by using the new Repeat option, or by using ++ on your numberpad.
- [F0759] Cut Sheets - You can now copy elevation values from as-built points to design points using the Cut Sheet tool.
- [F1392] First Available Point - A new command called FAP is available for querying the first available point ID in any range and setting that as the Next ID.
- [F1505] Georeferenced Images - A new command called GEOTIFF is available for inserting georeferenced images, including JPEG (.jpg/.jgw or .jpeg/.jgw), TIFF (.tif/.tfw or .tiff/.tfw), MrSID (.sid/.sdw), and JPEG2000 (.jp2/.j2w) formats. (Note, each formats must be supported by your AutoCAD engine.)
- [F1335] Inverse - You can now use the INVERSE command to calculate between any two selected points in the drawing, it is no longer restricted to only using points stored in the coordinate database.
- [F0961] Label Points - The "Label N,E of Point" command will now label N,E or E,N depending on the "Use E,N format" system toggle.
- [F1386] Licensing - You can now "snooze" the startup message reminding you about an expired or nearly-expired maintenance subscription plan for 14 days so that it does not appear every time you start the program.
- [F1391] Tables - Line Table, Curves Table, and MultiTies Table commands now have a "Use Point IDs" option to include the point IDs directly in the table body, rather than creating named references like "L1" or "C2".
- [D4543] Areas - The FASTAREA command could crash if you did not provide a lot name.
- [D4021] ASCII Import - A crash could occur when importing an ASCII file exported from FieldGenius in "Standard With Header" or "Extended With Header" formats.
- [D4368] ASCII Import - A crash could occur when importing an ASCII file containing any points with a description longer than 50 characters.
- [D4485] Audit Database - Point IDs may appear garbled in the "Missing distance text from point1 to point2" messages.
- [D4464] Building Library - A building could not be added to a lot if your current layer was not white (color 7).
- [D2219] COGO - New points could automatically assume a Locked status.
- [D2970] COGO - New points could present an inappropriate default description, it now defaults to the last used description.
- [D4205] COGO - Pressing Esc to abort from the Lines, Points, or Toggles prompts would proceed to the next prompt with no value specified in the previous prompt - you are now returned to that previous prompt.
- [D4449] COGO - The dialog showing the 3-point inverse results was missing a graphic.
- [D4340] Contours - The Smooth Contour command would not work if you do not have an alias named EDITPLINE for the Edit Polyline command; it now uses PEDIT instead.
- [D4414] Contours - The Index Contour command would not work if you do not have an alias named EDITPLINE for the Edit Polyline command; it now uses PEDIT instead.
- [D3697] Coordinate History - Internal behaviour of coordinate history functions has been changed to avoid interference issues seen with some virus scanner applications.
- [D2630] Cut Sheets - The option to copy as-built descriptions to design points did not update the drawing.
- [D4598] Drawing Cleanup Wizard - The Purge options did not work.
- [D0644] FieldGenius Export - The DXF file could contain entities from paper space when using the "Use entire drawing" option to export a FieldGenius project.
- [D4430] FieldGenius Export - An "Unable to create entity (VIEWPORT)" error could occur when using the "Use entire drawing" option to export a FieldGenius project.
- [D4494] FieldGenius Export - An "Access is denied" error could occur when using the "Make a LandXML file" option to export a FieldGenius project in Windows Vista/7.
- [D4233] Help - The Help button on the Label Alignment command's Newpoint dialog did not work.
- [F0922] Inverse - Dialog position is now retained, instead of always opening up in the middle of the screen.
- [T0647] IPN Labels - IPN Labels performed poorly when Hardware Acceleration was enabled inside AutoCAD; Hardware Acceleration is now being turned off by default (but can be turned back on if preferred).
- [T0647] IPN Labels - The IPN labels were being displayed incorrectly during the 3DORBIT command; they are now suppressed until the orbit command is finished.
- [D4482] IPN Labels - The IPN labels were being displayed incorrectly when a paper space viewport was activated, they are now suppressed until the viewport is inactivated.
- [D4397] LandXML Import/Export - LandXML import and export commands would not work, and an "ARX Exception" message would result.
- [D4403] LandXML Import - When importing a file with a surface model, it could not be drawn as a Polyfase Mesh during import.
- [D4404] LandXML Import - When importing a file with many (more than 128) parcels, only the first 128 would import.
- [D4120] Licensing - When starting the program with a MicroSurvey STAR*NET license key connected, the error message now identifies the problem more clearly.
- [D4429] List Unused Points - The List Unused Points command was extremely slow, it now takes about 1 second instead of over 3 minutes previously.
- [D4352] Open Project - A crash could occur when opening drawing with inCAD if the database contains a corrupt date field.
- [D4415] Polyline Utilities - The Delete Polyline Vertices (_pedit_rd), Insert Polyline Vertices (_pedit_ri), and Interpolate Polyline Vertices (_pedit_rz) commands would not edit the polyline.
- [D3499] Project Manager - The default 10-second delay when opening the Project Manager before the Open and New butons could be pressed has been removed, instead the Project Manager now will not appear until AutoCAD has completely finished loading.
- [D4467] Project Manager - The Open and New commands are no longer highjacked by the Project Manager, so you can still use the standard Open and New commands.
- [D4364] Sheet and Title Block - ATTREQ variable setting could prevent being prompted for attribute values.
- [D4362] Sheet and Title Block - The Layout Insertion method would produce an "scale viewport with mvsetup" error and not set the viewport scale as specified.
- [D4232] Shift Points - A crash could result from entering an invalid entry in the From Point or To Point fields.
MicroSurvey inCAD 2011 Service Pack 2
- [F1486] Line/Curve/Point Information - The CAD Line Info, CAD Curve Info, Single Point Editor, and Single-line Text Editor dialogs can now be launched via a double-click on an appropriate entity, without having to start the INFO command first.
- [F0791] Surface Modeling - The LABEL (MsModeling | Annotate | Label Contours) command has a new option to draw a Wipeout for masking the contour line behind the text label, instead of trimming the contour line around the label. Note, use the WIPEOUT command's Frames option to toggle display of the wipeout frames (outlines) on/off. The drawing will typically look better with Frames Off, but selecting wipeouts (for modify/delete/etc) is only possible with Frames On.
- [F1521] Text Editing - The MS_ROTEXT (MsAnnotate | Modify Text | Rotate Text 180 Degrees), MS_ROTOLINE (MsAnnotate | Modify Text | Rotate Text to Match Text/Line), and SLIDETEXT (MsAnnotate | Modify Text | Slide Text Along Axis) commands now allow selection of multiple text entities instead of just one at a time.
- [D3672] AutoCAD Support Paths - The Support Path checks on startup have been improved to prevent false positives which could result in the paths not always being updated when necessary.
- [D4606] Surface Modeling - Contour Labeling of closed contours did not work.
- [D3001] Surface Modeling - The Extrapolate Surface command could result in a crash in some situations.
- [D4459] Building Library - The General Configuration Options dialog no longer appears when creating a New Building.
- [D4460] Building Library - Some of the instruction tips were wrong for buttons in the Building Construction dialog where you select the Front/Rear/Left/Right sides.
- [D4458] Building Library - Some of the instruction tips were wrong for buttons in the New Building dialog where you select selecting the methods like Deflect, Offset, etc.
- [D4461] Building Library - Drawing now immediately gains focus after pressing the Insert Building button, so it follows the mouse without needing a click first.
- [D4463] Figures Database - When deleting lines whose assiciated bearing/distance labeles had been previously deleted, the line labels could re-appear in the drawing.
- [D2844] Figures Database - Running the Rotate, Shift, or Scale commands from within the Active Coordinate Editor could result in arcs being removed from the figures database.
- [D4399] Figures Database - Hiding lines via the _HIDEOBJECTS (Tools | Isolate | Hide) command could result in its associated labels being erased.
- [D4053] Nikon Import - Alphanumeric Point IDs were not read from Nikon 500 and 700 files.
- [D2813] Nikon Import - The Coordinate Order option was not honoured when reading Nikon 700 files. Coordinate Records are now imported as either NEZ or ENZ depending on this flag.
- [D4085] Point Block Import - Alphanumeric Point IDs were not read from point blocks when using the Import Softdesk/Carlson/EaglePoint/Benchmark Point Blocks commands.
- [D4462] Subdivision Design - Creation of a New Block did not honour the Starting Point ID setting.