MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 v13.0.0 - September 28, 2012
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 v13.0.1 - October 5, 2012
Activating or Updating your USB License Key
If you are licensing MicroSurvey embeddedCAD for the first time, or if you are upgrading from MicroSurvey CAD or inCAD, you will need to activate your new USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from a 2008 or newer MicroSurvey product, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013, you will need to update your existing USB License Key using the USB License Manager program on a computer with internet access.
A copy of the USB License Manager program is automatically installed with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013, or it can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system and installed separately onto another computer which has internet access.
Please refer to the following topic for detailed instructions about activating or updating your key.
You might not be required to update your USB key to run certain MicroSurvey embeddedCAD service pack updates. For a detailed explanation of MicroSurvey's Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP) program, and how we use product version numbers and USB keys, you can can refer to the following online article.
If your Maintenance Subscription has not yet expired, you can use the USB License Manager to update your key to work with the most current version. You can confirm the expiry date for the MSSP by going to the About screen found in the Help menu. Each USB License Key has its own maintenance subscription plan, so if you have multiple keys it is possible that they may each have a different expiry date.
If your MSSP has expired, you can phone us at 1-800-668-3312 to renew it. Without a current maintenance subscription plan, you will not be able to update your key to work with the new version.
MicroSurvey Transfer Program for FieldGenius Users
FieldGenius users need to install the MicroSurvey Transfer program to simplify the process of transferring FieldGenius projects between your data collector and MicroSurvey inCAD 2013.
If you have a copy of MicroSurvey Transfer already installed from use with a previous version of MicroSurvey CAD/inCAD/embeddedCAD, you will need to update it to recognize MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013. Previous versions of MicroSurvey Transfer will NOT show MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 as a sync option in the Options screen.
MicroSurvey Transfer can be downloaded from our online Helpdesk system.
Note: A copy of Microsoft ActiveSync (for Windows XP or earlier) or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (for Windows Vista or newer) must be installed before MicroSurvey Transfer can be installed. Both can be downloaded free from Microsoft or from the MicroSurvey helpdesk.
MicroSurvey License Server for Network License Users
Users who have purchased a network license will need to install a copy of the MicroSurvey Network License software.
If you have purchased a Network License and are setting it up for the first time, you can download the Network License Server application from our online Helpdesk system.
Installing the MicroSurvey Network License Server is only necessary for users who are setting up a MicroSurvey CAD 2008 or newer network license for the first time.
Note: You will be required to enter a password in order to install the Network License Server.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows XP SP3(32bit)/SP2(64bit) and Windows 7.
Further AutoCAD system requirement details are available here: http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/system-requirements/.
Windows 7 Notes
Run as Administrator
If installing on Windows 7 you must run the program at least once with "Elevated Admininstrator" access, even if you are already logged in with an "Administrator" account on the computer.
After this is done, it can be run by any user on the computer, including those who don't have administrative accounts.
To accomplish this, once the program is finished installing do the following:
- Right click on one of the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 icons.
- Select "Run as administrator"
- Select "Yes" on the "User Account Control" dialog when prompted to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
What's This? Help
If you wish to use the "What's This? Help" feature under Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may need to download and install an update from Microsoft. Please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information.
Please note that the main Help files will work without this update.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Tips for New Users, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 Frequently Asked Questions topic in our online helpdesk.
For information on upgrading from a previous version, please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 Upgrade Notes topic in our online helpdesk.
For a list of known issues please visit the MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 Known Issues topic in our online helpdesk.
For over 16 hours of training movies that you can watch online or download for offline viewing, please visit the Training Movies topic in our online helpdesk.
MicroSurvey provides free 24x7 self-support to all users via our online helpdesk at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com/ where you can find knowledgebase articles, downloads, and a troubleshooter. This is a good starting point for any problems that are now answered in your Help file and Manuals.
For technical support, please visit our helpdesk at http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com/ to submit a helpdesk ticket to our technical support staff. If you do not have internet access you can phone our office at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 and a ticket can be entered for you.
Technical Support is provided free of charge for 90-days following the purchase of your MicroSurvey product. Following this introductory period, additional technical support is available via your Maintenance Subscription Support Plan (MSSP).
To purchase or renew your MSSP, please phone MicroSurvey Software at 1-800-668-3312 or 1-250-707-0000 or visit our online store at store.microsurveysales.com.
Feature Request Forum
Help us make your MicroSurvey product better! To submit a feature request, or to vote on other users' feature requests, please visit our Feedback Forum at feedback.microsurvey.com.
To discuss your MicroSurvey product with other users, please visit our User Forum at http://www.microsurvey.com/forum/forum.htm.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 v13.0.0 Notes
- Latest Autodesk® engine - AutoCAD® OEM 2013
- MicroSurvey embeddedCAD is powered by Autodesk TechnologyTM.
- Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2013 engine provides maximum compatibility with AutoCAD software and DWGTM files.
- Includes Autodesk AutoCAD OEM 2013 Service Pack 1.1.
- Google Maps™ Support
- View your points in Google Maps by clicking new Map buttons located in both the Single Point Editor and the Active Coordinate Editor.
- Select MsPoints | Store and Edit Points or MsPoints | Active Coordinate Editor from the menus, or type EDITP or COORDEDIT at the command line.
- Google Earth™ Support
- Export your points and linework to a .kml or .kmz file and view them in Google Earth.
- Select MsPoints | Other Program Ties | Export to Google Earth from the menus, or type WRITEKML at the command line.
- AutoMAP Substitution Codes
- Access field-coded parameters directly from your point descriptions and automatically include them in your plotted annotations.
- Substitution codes follow the familiar LDD syntax, and include $0 to substitute the code, $1 through $9 to substitute the first through ninth space-delimited parameters following the code, $+ to substitute all parameters following the code, $* to substitute the entire description including the code plus all parameters, and $$ to substitute a literal "$" character.
- For example, specify a plotted description like $1 TREE (ht=$2’, trunk dia=$3”) in AutoMap to dynamically label your TREE points like TREE OAK 9 12 and TREE ELM 6 8 as OAK TREE (ht=9’, trunk dia=12”) and ELM TREE (ht=6’, trunk dia=8”).
- AutoMAP Leading Wildcards
- Use AutoMap entries with a leading wildcard like *CODE, a trailing wildcard like CODE*, or both a leading and trailing wildcard like *CODE* to make partial matches of your point descriptions.
- For example, an AutoMap entry like *IP* will now match points with descriptions like "NW CORNER IP BENT" and you can use the new Substitution Codes described above to produce appropriate plotted descriptions.
- Distance Labeling Options
- Include a customizable prefix and/or suffix in your distance annotation defaults.
- Include a unit symbol (' or m) in your distance annotation defaults. (Previously only ' was supported.)
- Select MsAnnotate | Labeling Defaults | Distances from the menus, or type CNF_EDIT_DISTANCES at the command line.
- Slope Labeling Command
- A new Slope Labeling command is available with options to label the % Slope, Degrees from Vertical, or Degrees from Horizontal along a line.
- Select MsAnnotate | Add Line Labels | Label Slope from the menus, or type LABEL_SLOPE at the command line.
- Draworder Wizard
- A new Draworder Wizard command is available to help you quickly fix the most common draworder issues, such as moving raster images and hatches to the back of your drawing, and moving wipeouts, blocks and annotations to the front.
- Select MsTools | Draworder Wizard from the menus, or type DRAWORDERWIZARD at the command line.
- Import Improvements
- When importing a FieldGenius or TDS raw file containing GK (GPS stakeout) records, they are now imported into the traverse file.
- When recoordinating a traverse file, an Abort option is now available on the point protection dialog.
- When importing an ASCII coordinate file, an Abort option is now available on the point protection dialog.
- List Unused Points in Range
- The List Unused Points command has a new option to specify a point range for your search.
- Select MsPoints | List Points (Used and Unused) | List Unused Points, or type LIST_UNUSED at the command line.
- Import Leica DBX
- Import points, linework, and raw TPS/GPS observation data directly from Leica DBX databases.
- Select MsTraverse | Read Collector Files In | Leica DBX from the menus, or type DBXIN at the command line.
- Ladder Table Report
- Write a ladder table report showing station and offset values for selected points in a ladder format.
- Select MsTools | Print/Edit/View Reports | Ladder Table from the menus, or type LADDER_TABLE at the command line.
- [D4930] Active Coordinate Editor - The Rotate Selection command could use 0,0,0 as the rotation base point instead of the specified point.
- [D4942] Active Coordinate Editor - The Shift Selection command could cause shifted arcs to not be erased when they are redrawn with the shifted points.
- [D4943] Active Coordinate Editor - The Rotate Selection command could cause rotated arcs to not be erased when they are redrawn with the rotated points.
- [D4990] Active Coordinate Editor - Point Tracking may not be correct when in Surveyors View
- [D4991] Active Coordinate Editor - Zoom Selection may not be correct when in Surveyors View
- [D5028] Auto-Add Points to Objects - Points created from adding lwpolyline entities did not pick up the 3D vertex elevations.
- [D2344] AutoMap Library - Using both the "Rotate to Previous Point" and "Scale to Previous Point" options together causes rotation to be calcualted to the incorrect point.
- [D4260] AutoMap Library - Using the "Rotate to Previous Point" option can cause an error if there is not a previous point id.
- [D5045] AutoMap Library - Using the "Scale to Previous Point" option can cause an error if there is not a previous point id.
- [D5039] AutoMap Library - Inserting a block containing attributes would cause the attribute values to be set to "XXX" instead of the default value.
- [D4071] Coordinate Order - The "List E,N (X,Y) Format" system toggle was not always retained.
- [F1759] Coordinate Order - The "List E,N (X,Y) Format" system toggle will now be honoured for the default column order within the Active Coordinate Editor and the Clusters report.
- [F1701] FieldGenius Export - Linework is now exported to FieldGenius in an R12 DXF format instead of the default DXF format to avoid exporting incompatible entity types.
- [D4011] Leica GSI Export - Exporting a Leica GSI8 will display multiple "Save As" prompts which can result in an error writing out the data file.
- [D4789] LandXML Import - when importing points, the Description and Note were not set correctly. It now uses the "code" field (instead of "desc") to set the Description, and the "desc" field (instead of nothing) to set the Note.
- [F1406] LandXML Import - when importing plan features, IrregularLine elements are now supported and will draw a 3d polyline through the specified coordinates.
- [D2291] Linework - grip-editing a survey line did not disassociate the line from its previous points in the database.
- [D5021] Linework - 3D .XYZ-Linework can become corrupted after a rescale.
- [D5130] LDD/Civil 3D Import - when importing from a .mdb database file, point descriptions may not be imported.
- [D4816] Point Blocks - when creating point blocks (for export to Eagle Point, Softdesk, or Carlson) the first space character is not properly delimiting the description to find a match in the AutoMAP library to use the plotted description.
- [D5190] Point Groups - when saving a point group, the saved name and comment of the group may not be correctly retrieved if it is later reloaded.
- [D2585] Polar Snapping - using polar snaps within the Design Horizontal Alignment (_alignment) command caused some on-screen graphical artifacts.
- [D3967] Polar Snapping - using polar snaps within the Connect Dots Point to Point (_connect_points) command did not work correctly.
- [D2581] Project Manager - deleting a project from the project manager did not delete its associated .msj database folder.
- [D4919] Rapid Transit Import - importing a rapid transit drawing could cause a crash.
- [D4840] Roading - applying a road template with 0:1 slope could cause a crash.
- [D4851] Rotate Blocks to Line - The Rotate Text to Line (_ms_rotoline) command stopped working with blocks in the last MSCAD 2010 service pack, this functionality has been restored.
- [D4987] Run As Administrator - The "Run as administrator" message that can appear under Windows Vista and Windows 7 have been reworded such that it does not only apply to Vista.
- [D5077] Saving - Error ASLK8K8K and a crash can occur when running QSAVE after running SAVEAS.
- [D4852] Select Point - When selecting a point from the drawing which is stored in the coordinate database, if there is another points within either 0.01 or 0.001 units of it (depending on the command) the incorrect point may be retrieved from the database.
- [D1931] Sheet and Title Block - a crash may occur when using the Add Sheet and Title Block (_tb) command if your ATTDIA system variable is set to Off.
- [D4984] Sheet and Title Block - the ATTREQ system variable was not being used correctly.
- [D5030] Stability - Interference between MSCAD and some virus scanners or other resident utilities could cause slowness, error messages, or crashes.
- [D5146] STAR*NET Export - Exporting a STAR*NET .dat file could cause the Current Traverse file setting to be lost, requiring you to re-select it via the Set Current Traverse command.
- [D5002] Surface Modeling - the specified "honour boundary method" option (All Points / Any Point / Center Point) was not applied correctly.
- [D5124] Survey Database - Drawing an Associative Dimension can remove lines from the survey database
- [D4856] Survey Database - Creating a new drawing via the New command (not using the Project Manager) does not create an associated database.
- [D4750] Updater - The Check For Updates command can notify you of updates for MicroSurvey inCAD instead of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD.
MicroSurvey embeddedCAD 2013 v13.0.1 Notes
- [D5711] Active Coordinate Editor - The Google Maps buttons may result in an "Unknown command GMACE" error message.
- [D5712] Active Coordinate Editor - The Edit commands (Rotate, Shift, Scale, etc) may result in an "Unknown command ACEPROCFM" error message.