FieldGenius now supports the Gsigeo2011_ver1 Geoid Model for Japan.
This program has been created after obtaining approval from the director of the Geospatial Information Authority of Japan using the technical document “H1-NO.2 the coordinate transformation software TKY2JGD for geodetic results. (Approval number: 国地企調第362号 2nd March, 2015)
This geoid model isn't installed with FieldGenius and must be copied manually onto each data collector you want to use this geoid file.
Steps to Install:
- Download the Gsigeo2011_ver1 Geoid Model and save it to your computer.
- Connect your data collector to your computer and find the location where FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the \MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the .byn file from your computer into the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use Gsigeo2011_ver1 as a Geoid File.
- When you define your coordinate system in FieldGenius, you can set the Vertical System to Gsigeo2011_ver1.byn
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems to Gsigeo2011_ver1.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from the Gsigeo2011_ver1 geoid model.