FieldGenius version 4.1.0 and newer can support the EGM 96 geoid model.
This geoid model isn't installed with FieldGenius and must be copied manually onto each data collector you want to use a EGM96 geoid file.
Steps to Install:
- Download and unzip the EGM96.byn file from our website and save it to your computer.
- Connect your data collector to your computer and find the location where FieldGenius is stored. You should be able to find the mapping directory which is always located in MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping.
- Copy the EGM96.byn file from your computer into the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use EGM96 as a Geoid File.
- When you define your coordinate system in FieldGenius, you can set the Vertical System to EGM96.byn
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems to EGM96.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from the EGM96 geoid model.