FieldGenius 2011 now supports the Swedish Geoid Models.
We have combined the SWEN08-RH2000 and SWEN08-RH70 geoid models into one zip file so will you get both with this download. Neither model comes installed with FieldGenius, and therefore they must be copied manually onto each data collector that you wish to use a Swedish geoid model file.
These two geoid models both cover an area with the following limits:
Steps to Install:
- Download and unzip the byn files from our website and save it to your computer.
- Connect your data collector to your computer and find the location where FieldGenius is stored. You will be able to find the Mapping folder in the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping folder.
- Copy the SWEN08.byn file that you wish to use from your computer into the MicroSurvey Fieldgenius\Programs\Mapping directory on the data collector.
Steps to Use a SWEN08 as a Geoid File.
- When you define your coordinate system in FieldGenius, you can set the Vertical System to either SWEN08RH00v1.byn or SWEN08RH70v1.byn
- From the Main Menu | Settings | Coordinate Systems change the Vertical Systems to either SWEN08RH00v1.byn or SWEN08RH70v1.byn.
- Your GPS derived coordinates will now have orthometric heights derived from the SWEN08 geoid model.